Chapter 11 Ayyappa! Ayyappa!

"Yaar...tu mujhe ye bataa..pichle do din se tujhe kya ho gaya hai? I noticed...when U were playing the guitar too, U were distracted. Tu thik tho haina?" Kabir asked placing his hand on Manik's shoulder. 

"Yes...main thik hoon" Manik replied...a little lost in thought. 

"No..tu thik nahi ho sakta...jis Manik ko main jaanta hoon..wo aise question pe aise answer nahi deta! Kaun hai woh?" Kabir asked with a naughty smile. 

"Kaun..kaun??" Manik asked "There's nobody" 

"Main jaanta hoon Manik...there's somebody, wo body ke baare main tu aur tera buddy jaanta hai aur tu car main bhi distracted tha. Dhruv bataa raha tha ek phone call ke baare main" Kabir replied getting up from his chair and walking to the drums. 

"No..Dhruv aise hi kuch bol raha hoga" Manik replied "There's nobody" Manik reacted looking away. 

"Hmm...chal iss baar tujhe chod deta hoon..magar agle baar nahi!" Kabir replied as he started tapping a little rhythm on the drum. 

Suddenly the phone started ringing. Kabir continued to drum closing his eyes. Manik saw Kabir deep in playing drums. Manik quickly swiped his phone to accept the call. Now this is a call from an unknown number.. "Is it Nandini?" Manik thought as he swiped the phone screen to the accept call option. 

"Hiii" Nandini spoke excitedly into the mouthpiece. She noticed her chacha chacha chitchatting with Rishabh as they were munching on the chips in the tin box. "Hello??" Nandini asked again. 

Manik recognized the voice of Nandini immediately and why not?? It is the voice that he waited to hear these past two days. 

"Hello??" Manik asked changing his voice a bit into a heavier tone. 

"Is this Manik??" Nandini whispered softly into the mouthpiece as she noticed her chachi looking her way. 

"No...this is Manik's manager speaking"  Manik continued to speak with a different voice. 

"Is Manik there? May I speak to him?" Nandini asked in a curious voice. 

"No U cannot?? Manik sir is not here" Manik continued his voice acting. 

"Kahan hai Manik?? I want to talk to him" 

"Manik sir Chennai chala gaya hai. Unke wahan pe ek photoshoot hai" Manik continued naughtily as he bit his lips. 

"Aiyooo Ayyappaaa" Nandini said a bit loud as she hit lightly on her head "Ye Manik bhi na? Thode se mere call ka intezaar nahi kar sakta tha?" 

"Ayyappa who??" Manik asked in his normal voice. "Who is this Ayyappa?? I thought U were coming to Mumbai but you are with some Ayyappa??" Manik asked in a jealous expression. 

"Manik???? Its you?" Nandini's face twisted into a fake angry expression. 

"Yes yes...but who is this Ayyappa? Why are you sitting with some Ayyappa and talking to me? First U clear this with me" Manik said in a jealous tone. 

"Ayyappa...hmmm......Ayyappa is very close to me. He always listens to me and I always talk to him more than with anybody else in this world. I looove Ayyappa" Nandini continued with a naughty smile. 

"What???? U have a boyfriend?" Manik asked quickly

"ummm...boyfriend?? Ayyappa is a boy and he is my friend..so does that make him boyfriend??" Nandini asked with a naughty expression. 

"You are bringing your Ayyappa when U come to meet me to apologize to me?" Manik asked in an angry expression

"Yes...I never goes alone without my Ayyappa..now he came with me and Rishabh to Mumbai too. U know..as much as Nandu loves her Ayyappa...her Ayyappa loves Nandu tooo" Nandini continued with a huge smile.