Chapter 32 Bolt jump

Manik opened the back seat door of the car and looked at Nandu lying with her eyes tight shut on the backseat.

"Nanduuu...Nandinii..." Manik called  and tapped on her cheek softly. Nandini cringed at the tapping and Manik gave a little smirk the way Nandini's eyes tightened up by the tapping. "Arre ...iski tho poori hosh udd gayi hai...ab kya karoon?" Manik was speaking out loudly. "Pehle isko andar leke jaata hoon" Manik continued speaking loudly. 

Manik gently lifted Nandini and took her out of his car and lifted her in his arms. Nandini kept her eyes tight shut as she felt herself being taken somewhere. She didn't know where she was being taken and she could only hear the tapping sound of Manik's shoes as he continued to walk. 

"Aiyappa..where is he taking me?? What will I do?" Nandini thought to herself as she continued to remain in his arms with her eyes tight shut.

Nandini lightly opened her one eye a bit and looked at Manik's face. He was not looking at her but he was looking ahead and continuing to walk with her. Suddenly Manik looked down at her face and Nandini quickly closed her eyes tight shut. Manik saw the way Nandini was looking at him and a little smile spread across his face. 

Suddenly Manik flung Nandini over his shoulder and took a key out of his pocket and opened a door and entered into a dark room. He switched on the lights and turned to close the door behind him bolted the door.Nandini could now see the room. There was a sofa, two cushioned chairs, one teepoy with a flower vase on it and there were some magazines lying on them. There was a side room and to the side were glass windows. A staircase was going up from the other end of the hallway. Manik started walking towards the end of the hallway and started climbing up the stairs. 

"What is he going to do with me?" A sudden fear gripped Nandini. She was now with a man whom she knew as a celebrity..but what kind of a person he was? whether he was dangerous or not? she didn't know...Nandini wanted to run away from there..is there a way out??

Manik walked up the stairs into a small corridor and there were around 4-5 rooms side by side. Manik walked to the room at the end of the corridor and opened the door and walked in and bolted the door behind him. Nandini was within two bolted doors...one exterior..one interior. She felt like a caged bird. She suddenly felt herself being brought into a horizontal position and placed on a bed. Nandini suddenly closed her eyes tight shut. She felt Manik touch her forehead. 

"Hm...no fever...pata nahi isko kya ho gaya..." Manik whispered getting closer to Nandini. 

"Nandu...wake up! Are U alright?" Manik whispered in a fake concerned tone. 

Nandini continued to lie there with her eyes tight shut.

"Perhaps its coz of her wet clothes. Maybe the cold made her freeze and go unconscious..there is no other option..I must change her clothes" Manik said aloud shocking Nandini to the core. 

"What??? Manik is going to change my dress?? Aiyappaaa...save meee...show me a way..I need to run away from here" Nandini prayed and cringed. 

"Wait...first I must find clothes for her to change into..." Manik said loudly and he turned to walk to the cupboard on the side. Manik opened the cupboard and started looking through the clothes. "Abhi kya karoon?? Bhaagna padega.." Nandini thought as she opened her eyes a bit and looked sideways. Manik's back was turned from her and he was continuing to ruffle through clothes. 

Nandini slowly got up and suddenly Manik turned around. Nandini fell back immediately onto the bed and closed her eyes tight shut. Manik saw Nandini falling back into the bed with a thud and he turned back once again with a smile and continued to go through the clothes. 

"Ayyappa...ab main kya karoon?" Nandini thought.  Suddenly Manik's phone started ringing and he took the phone out of his pocket and took the call.

 "Hello...ya...what do U want now?" Manik asked his expression suddenly turning into a frown. "Nyonika...U want me to come and sign the documents right now?? Sorry I can't come now...I am busy!" Manik said walking to the door and opening it and closing the door behind him. 

Nandini was alone in the room and she could hear the tick tick of an old pendulum clock kept in the room. Nandini looked at the clock and it was 8.45 P.M...Chacha-chachi worried honge..ab main kya karoon?

Nandini slowly prepared to get up, but suddenly heard voices outside. Manik clicked open the door and entered the room and saw Nandini lying coiled up in a fetal position and it was different from the position in which Manik had placed her on bed. Manik smiled gently as he realized how Nandini herself didn't notice the way she changed her position. Manik walked upto Nandini and placed his palm on Nandini's cheek caressing her cheek gently. His finger traced up her cheek onto her forehead. 

"Nandu..." Manik whispered once again. But Nandini didn't open her eye. 

"Ok..before she dies from cold, let me quickly find a dress for her." Manik spoke out aloud once again with a smile and once again turned back to walk at the cupboard. 

"Man!! In this cupboard there are only shirts and trousers..." Manik spoke out aloud looking through the clothes as his eyes were trailing to the mirror placed next to the cupboard. On the mirror, Manik saw Nandini looking at him with eyes filled with nervousness and fear. She was getting up and sneaking towards the door. Manik suddenly started whistling 

"Roop tera mastana..pyaar mera deewana...bhool koi humse na ho jaaye" with a little smile on her face. Nandini froze in her tracks and looked around and she saw the face of Manik reflecting in the mirror and his eyes were on her and there was a smirk on his face. 

Nandini suddenly saw Manik suddenly looking at the mirror at his own reflection and he was ruffling through his hair. Nandini continued to take slow steps towards the door and sneaked up to the door and placed her hand on the door handle. Manik's back was turned away from her and he heard her catch the handle and the clicking sound of the handle. But the door didn't open. Nandini panicked and she looked up and saw the door bolted. The bolt was much above her and she stood on her tiptoes trying to reach upto the door. Her fingers were getting closer to the bolt...a bit more...a little bit more. Nandini could touch the bottom part of the bolt..but it is not reaching till the bolt to pull it down. Nandini jumped once...jumped twice and managed to touch the bolt once. 

"Want help?" Nandini heard the voice of Manik right behind her and she swirled around to look at the tall Manik standing right behind her. His hands were folded across his chest and he was standing there looking at her jumping up and down to open the bolt. 

"Help chahiye??" Manik asked again with a smirk on his face. 

Nandini felt her lips dry..."M..Manik..." Nandini managed to whisper. Manik continued to gaze with intense eyes without blinking for a second his head tilted to the side. 

"Ayyappa..." Nandini could only whisper that much...she forgot to speak to her Ayyappa to save her this time...because she felt her thoughts go blank as blank as the expression on Manik's face.