Chapter 16 Eye-lock

"Yaar Manik...wo saans nahi le paa rahi hai.." Kabir quickly placed his hand on Manik's shoulder as Kabir noticed poor Navya in a frozen state with her eyes staring in a blank expression. "Wo mar jaayega yaar...main bhi mar jaaoonga...shock ke maare!" Kabir said with a little laugh.

Manik slowly let go of Navya as he took two steps back continuing to look at Nandini...Nandini was looking away from Manik as she fidgeted and held tightly to the strap of her bag. 

"Manik...why were U looking at me that way? Your eyes...they are killing me" Nandini's heart spoke as she took her gaze away from Manik. Manik continued to look at Nandini. 

Navya was just coming back to her sense and Kabir quickly got close to Navya and tapped on her shoulder and said "You ok?? Wo kya haina...Manik kabhi kisiko hug nahi karta aur jisko kabhi accidentally bhi hug kar diya na...uska tho aisa hi haal hota hai!" Kabir said with a little laugh. 

"J...J..J...ji..." Navya said licking her lips nervously 

"Manik?? This is the first time I saw you hugging a fan so sweetly. Yaar tu ek hi din main change ho gaya? Lagta hai ...tune aaj kuch lunch main galat khaaya hai. Tu thik tho haina?" Kabir asked looking with a fake concern at Manik.    "Haan..main thik hoon...mujhe kya ho sakta hai? Wo tune hi tho bola tha na...to greet fans. Isliye I greeted my... fans." Manik said looking with a meaningful glance at Nandini. 

"Fans..." Nandini raised her eyes hearing that word. "He thinks of me as a fan...and I think he still didn't notice that I'm the Nandini he wanted to meet...How could he forget to go to west side to look for me? He forgot me so fast? Why is he standing here? Or was just taking a revenge for me for insulting by calling me here?" Nandini thought as she continued to meet the glance of Manik who suddenly looked away at Navya. 

"Nanduuu...U know? U have a very sweet voice and a very sweet name. U know...I always loved the name Nandu...so is it just Nandu? Or is your name something else?" Manik asked shifting his glance and giving a stare to Nandini.

"N...No...Nandu...is short name for Nandini" Navya blurted out...looking nervously at Nandini "Ye tune kya kiya? Tune tho mujhe phasa diya yaar!!!!!!!!!!!!! " Navya thought as she stared helplessly at Nandini. 

Nandini also stared back helplessly as she realized that her friend in serious danger.

"Nandiniii...U know?? I have recently got to talk to a girl called Nandini over phone..." Manik said with a sweet smile. 

"Nandini??? Kaun Nandini?? Tune kyon nahi bataya mujhe?" Kabir asked with a confused expression on his face. 

Manik quickly gave Kabir a wink "Yaar...do I have to tell you about everyone I talk to over phone?" Manik asked with a little smile. 

"Haan...that is also true...two days back U were speaking to some Ayyappa...so there is a possibility that U may be recently flirting with a few girls too!" Kabir said as he realized that there is something fishy going on. 

"Aiyoo...Ayyappa...Manik is cornering me with his talks... ab main kya karoon?" Nandini thought as she closed her eyes tight. She saw Ayyappa...and he was smiling

Nandini opened her eyes to find Manik's face right in front of hers. His eyes deeply staring into hers. Manik is standing bent right in front of Nandini...one inch away...and Nandini noticed that his eyelashes are long. "Hmm...Navya??" Manik whispered looking deeply into her eyes without blinking his eyes. 

Nandini couldn't blink..couldn't speak...couldn't breathe...couldn't look away...she got...eye-locked...only Manik has the key to it..and only he can release her. But Manik wanted to lock her forever...with a single gaze...a single...simple..eye-lock