Chapter 19 ManBir

"What did U say just now??" Kabir broke the sudden silence surrounding them after Nandini blurted out "Ayyappa"

"Pa..pa..pa..I said... Papa...I suddenly thought we didn't inform Nandini's papa and my chacha- chachi...we didn't inform them na that we'll be late?" Nandini asked turning to look at Navya. 

"Ha..haan...hamare gharwaale pareshaan honge agar hum bina bataaye party attend karne chale gaye tho...hum zyaaada late ghar se baahar nahi rehte" Navya added helping her friend out!

"She definitely didn't say papa..she said Ayyappa" Manik thought as his eyes continued to scrutinize the expressions on Nandini's face. Manik noticed a bead of sweat forming on Nandini's forehead trickling down her cheek onto her neck. 

"Oh...that's right! U guys want to call up home?? U can call up and inform them!" Kabir replied with a friendly smile

 "Ok yahan pe telephone booth kahan hai?" Navya asked with a confused expression on her face. 

"Wait...don't tell me! U guys don't have a cellphone! Kaunse yug se ho balikaaoon? Cellphone nahi hai?" Kabir replied with a sarcastic expression on his face.

 "Haina...hamare paas cellphone hai..magar laana bhool gayi! Aur Nand...I mean Navya ke paas tho cell phone hi nahi hai...uski Amms na..usko khareedke nahi deti" Navya replied. 

"Amms??" Manik asked quickly "Did U just say Amms?" 

"N...No...She meant my gramps...grandpa U know..." Nandini immediately jumped in to correct Navya as she realized that the game was getting tougher and tougher to play by each second. Manik is surely gaining more points on this.

 "Aiyooo...I really need to run away from here...Ayyappa...help me!" Nandini prayed silently. 

"Oh...ok! No problem guys! Mere cellphone se call karlo!" Kabir replied handing over his cellphone to Navya.

"Ok..." Navya replied as she took the phone from Kabir's hands. Dhruv, Manik and Kabir were gazing at her and she felt a bit uncomfortable and so she walked a bit away to talk over phone. 

Kabir suddenly called to Manik..."Manik..idhar aa...need to discuss something.." 

Manik walked up to Kabir who pulled him along and took him to a corner of Infiniti Mall away from Nandini, Dhruv and Alya. 

"Ok man..what's the plan?" Kabir asked looking at Manik with a questioning expression. 

"What plan??" Manik asked with an innocent expression on his face. 

"I mean...tu apne Ayyappa ke saath kya karnewaala hai? Already mujhe pata tha ke daal main kuch kaala hai jab tu west side aane ke zid kar raha tha and inn ladkiyon ko dekhne ke baad...tune tho west side hi bhulaa diye...bol chakkar kya hai ?? abhi bata..warna main tere plans ko fail karoonga!"

"Ayyappa??" Manik asked with an innocent expression. 

"Manik tu abhi zyaada act mat kar! Wo Navya haina...uske oopar se teri nazar nahi hati hai 5 minute ke liye bhi! Wohi haina..teri wrong numberwaali Ayyappa? Tu usko milne ke liye yaha aaya tha na? Magar samajh nahi aa raha...tu kisliye mujhe leke aaya" Kabir continued as he noticed Manik's face go uncomfortable as he was getting caught. 

"Tujhe kaise pata laga?" Manik asked with a confused expression. 

"Saale...tere dil main kya hai..ye mujhse better kaun jaan sakta hai? Dhruv ke liye birthday gift lene tujhe meri help chahiye..aur Infiniti Mall ka zid kar raha tha..yaha aake...tujhe westside jaana tha..isliye hi tujhe main zid karke music shop ke andar leke gaya aur waha jaake...tu bhookhe sher ke tarah restless ho raha tha! Tabhi samajh gaya tha beta..ke kuch zaroor pak raha hai! Phir tu wahan se bhaag gaya aur wapas aaya..magar inn ladkiyon ke taraf tera attitude hi different hai..tu unko saath leke chalna chahta hai party pe! Tab doubts tha..magar jab Navya ne Ayyappa bola..tho poora maajraa samajh aa gaya..tho beta khel mat abhi..now your turn..tu bata...abhi tujhe kya chahiye? Tere plan main agar mera help chahiye tho I'm all in! Sach accept karle and I'll help you on your plan" Kabir replied placing his hand on Manik's shoulder. 

"Ok...Ya..yes..U are right...she is the girl I talked to over phone and I came here to meet her...her name is Nandini." Manik replied with a defeated expression on his face.

 "Achchaaa... Navya nahi..wo doosri waali?" Kabir asked with a confused expression on his face. 

"No man! These girls are faking identities.  I don't know why...but I have a gut feeling..that Nandini is the girl in red and Navya is the other one!" Manik said with a confident expression.

"Yes..I know! Usne jab Aiyoo Ayyappa bola...immediately I got the doubt!" Kabir said with a little smile "Magar girls dono bade cute hai! Inka watt lagaake bada mazaa aayega! U count me in on the game, yaar! Tere Ayyappa girl ka tu watt lagaana..aur doosriwaali ko main sambhaal loonga! Dono se sach ugalvaane ka fun kuch aur hi hoga!" Kabir said with a little evil laugh

Manik and Kabir turned to look at Navya who had handed over the cellphone to Nandini and was helping her with using option to make a phone call. Dhruv and Alya were standing next to Nandini who dialing the number on Kabir's cellphone. 

"Achcha! Tho plan kya hai saale..ye tho bataa!" Kabir said in a sportive tone. 

"Plan...abhi tak mujhe bhi nahi pata...but I want to get that girl in red to myself and alone...I want to make her spell out the truth! U must help me with that! Magar uske liye...I need some alone time with her. Can U help me, man?" Manik asked Kabir. 

"Hmm...let's see! I have an idea! Come close" Kabir whispered. Manik moved in close and Kabir whispered his idea to Manik! Manik had a huge smile spread across his face! 

'AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! JUST AWESOME MAN! U are a genius!" Manik said with a huge laugh and a little thumbs up and a wink!

"Ok Manik...the game is on! U are the player...and there is your target! I'm going to help U hit the target!" Kabir said with a little smile on his face as he gave a naughty look to Nandini!

Nandini noticed Manik and Kabir gazing at her...she felt restless...she felt something was cooking..but what was cooking?? Why does it feel wrong like bhindi pasta?

"Ayyappa...save me...help me...so that I can hide the truth...and escape from here as soon as I can" Nandini prayed. 

"Ayyappa can't save you this time...Nandu...coz I'm going to trap U...trap U in your own lie..." Manik thought as he gave Nandini a little smile. The smile had a meaning hidden in it. Nandini's heart shivered seeing that smile. 

"Aiyooo...did he find out the truth?"