Chapter 6 Fab 5

"She...she is so cute" Manik thought as he opened the car door and sat in the driver's seat. "Her voice so sweet..and her attitudewaala talk, her sobbing over the phone...I really got to meet her. But how? Maine tho bol diye..ke aake milo...magar she is in Chennai. Will she come all the way here to apologize?" 

Manik thought as he continued to sit on the driver's seat looking into blank space. 

"Manik...yaar...tu chalayega ke main chalaaoon?" Kabir asked seeing the completely lost Manik. 

"But...she did sound like she really wanted to apologize. Tho raasta tho usko hi dhoondna padega..mujh tak pahunchne ke liye..ya phir main Chennai chala jaaaoon?? Magar uska pata bhi tho maloom nahi hai..." Manik continued his musings.

"No...Kabir, tu kyon chalayega...main chalaaoongi..waise bhi ek phone call se Manik aisa ho gaya hai..pata nahi kya chal raha hai iske dimaag main?" Mukti replied moving forward a bit from the back seat and giving a light tap on Manik's cheek. That tap woke Manik up from his dazed mood and he quickly put in the switch key and started the car.

"Yaar...tu kaunse duniya main khoya hua hai? Aaj poore din tujhe hi dekh raha tha main" Kabir replied.

"No...nothing...its just...that I was not getting Mr. Williams on phone" Manik made up an excuse.

"Ah...the event manager for the show abroad. Did U get his correct number or not?" Alya asked passing her fingers through her shiny hair.

"No...I think...I need to re-check the number..yesterday I dialed up a wrong number".. Manik replied shaking his head a bit wanting to not allow Fab 5 members to notice the change that came over him.

"Haan wrong number dial karne ke baad hi iska aisa haal ho gaya hai. Williams ke jagah pe kisi Lucy se baat karne lag gaye honge aur uske yaad main kho gaya hai" Kabir teased Manik.

"Stop it, Kabir. Manik won't fall for any Lucy" Alya retorted feeling jealous hearing the mention of a girl's name getting connected to Manik.

"Haan haan...Alya...agar Lucy ke nahi tho phir kisi local Nancy ke number lage honge..tabhi tho hamara Manik aisa ban gaya hai...abhi replies bhi nahi de raha hai" Kabir continued with a smile.

"Nothing of the sort, Kabir. Stop teasing, ok??" Manik retorted with a little smile.

"Achcha?? Lucy nahi..Nancy nahi?? Dhruv tho bol raha tha ke koi ladki hai..kaun hai yaar woh?? Bata tho sahi..Dhruv ne bola ke phone pe tu bhadak raha tha kal raat kisi pe." Kabir continued letting Manik know that the story is out.

Manik looked sharply at Dhruv through the rearview mirror. Dhruv looked back at Manik through the rearview mirror with a apologetic expression.

"Koi ladki??? Who is she??" Alya's attention was now all on Manik.

"No Alya...nothing of the sort...its just some girl who I got on a wrong number call" Manik brushed off the question with a light reply.

"No..Manik tell me...what was she speaking? What did she say to upset you?? Who is she?? " Alya raised her voice.

"Ok calm down..Alya..chill yaar" Mukti calmed down Alya. "Its just a wrong number. Don't loose your cool, yaar"

Manik continued driving...but looked at Alya through rear view mirror and she was fuming...fuming with anger. Manik felt restless..."what will happen when Alya comes to know of Nandu? Should I really allow Nandini to meet me? If Alya gets to know...she will be upset that I had such a long conversation with a girl..other than her." Manik thought as he swerved the car into the adjoining street.