Chapter 15 MaNan

Haan yaar...main drums choose kar raha tha! Hamare agle concert ke liye..wanted to select a drum for myself!" Kabir replied to Manik looking at the girls in between. 

"Ya man! But who are these girls?" Manik asked taking his sunglasses off his eyes and looking at Navya and the back of Nandini whose face he is unable to see. 

"Aiyooo...what do I do now? What do I say now?" Nandini thought as she continued to look at Navya. Manik was standing right behind Nandini in a white shirt and light blue jeans..his black blazer hanging onto his finger which he had taken off. Nandini just looked a glance back and she saw Manik standing in style wearing those sunglasses. She couldn't dare to look back at him. He is so stylish..just like a model and looking more handsome than he looks onscreen Nandini thought as she feel her breathing speed increase.

 "Hum naaa..." Navya suddenly broke out of her spell-bound mood and started. 

"Manik they are Fab 5 fans!" Kabir quickly said to Manik as he walked towards Manik. 

"U really can't keep off fans, na? U really love talking to fans" Manik asked in teasing manner though his face looked frustrated. "We must go quickly to west side stores..U know its getting late and we need to pick up a gift for Dhruv..bhool gaya?" Manik retorted looking at his watch. The large hand of the watch was 5 minutes away from 6 and in 5 minutes.

"Nandu will be outside westside stores and searching for me" Manik thought as he turned away from Nandini and started walking towards the door. 

"Maniik wait man!" Kabir said as he made quick step towards Manik. "Apne fans se tho baat karle..its too rude to walk away that way without even thanking them for their love" Manik paused for a moment and replied "Tu karle thank...I am busy now and aa raha hai tho aa..warna jaake unko thank karle mere tarafse bhi..I don't like fangirls clinging onto me". Manik said in a careless manner walking towards the door once again.

 "Nandu...dekha na? Ye hai Manik Malhotra!" Navya said hearing the arrogant style in which Manik was speaking to Kabir. "Tu isse milna chahti thi?" Navya asked a bit loud. 

"Nandu??? Did I hear NANDU? Yes..I heard Nandu..is it her?" Manik froze in his tracks as he heard the name. Manik swung around to look at the two girls standing away from them. Nandini had walked upto Navya and was watching Manik with a confused expression. 

"Ok...chal Kabir...since U wish it..let's go and say a hi to them" Manik said as if he was giving in to Kabir's opinion. Manik walked past Kabir towards Nandini and Navya. 

"Manik..and caring for fangirls?? Something really fishy man..." Kabir whispered softly and he walked in equal speed after Manik. Navya eyes grew with fear and shock as she saw the handsome Manik walking towards them. Nandini felt as if the tapping sound of Manik's shoes were as fast as the beating of her heart or was it faster? 

"There he is standing right in front of me...and he is so tall...so much taller than what I had imagined...and he is so handsome." Nandini thought as he looked up into the eyes of Manik. Manik was looking at both Nandini and Navya with little smile. 

"Hii girls..." Manik said looking at both of them and forwarding his hand for a shake hand. Kabir's eyes grew larger than tomatoes as he noticed the way Manik was extending his hand to two unknown girls.  "Hii..." Navya said as she extended seeing the beautiful smile of Manik and extending her hand towards Manik. Before Manik could even catch Navya's hand...Kabir jumped in with a "Hii girls!" and took  Navya's hand. 

"Hiii..." Navya said as she felt Kabir holding her hand. Manik noticed the girl in all red standing there gazing at him with large eyes. "She is beautiful...looking like a red angel...even her cheeks are red...wonder if she is my Nandu" Manik thought as he extended his hand towards Nandini with a smile. Nandini extended her hand. Immediately Manik felt his phone vibrating within his pocket.

 Manik pulled back his hand away and took the phone out of his pocket. "Yes Dhruv...tu kahan hai abhi?" Manik asked. "Haan...we? Me and Kabir are at Infiniti Mall...kuch shopping karne aaya tha!" Manik replied quickly as he gave a sideway glance to Nandini who was looking at him without even blinking his eyes. Manik continued to look at Nandini "haan ok buddy...tu idhar aa raha hai? ok man..." Manik continued and for a moment he took his eyes away. Nandini felt new waves of excitement pass through her eyes. She didn't even notice Navya softly nudging her. "Nandu...isne tho tujhe pehchaana bhi nahi" Navya said softly. Kabir was looking at Manik talking to Dhruv over phone. "Haan...wo kya haina...Navya...Manik has never seen me" Nandini said with a disappointed expression her face. "NEVER SEEN?" Navya asked in a bit loud voice. Manik quickly turned back from his conversation..his phone still stuck to his ear as he looked at Navya. Navya pulled Nandini a bit away and said 

"Tujhe ab tak Manik ne dekhe nahi? Tho tujhe pehchaanegi kaise?" Navya whispered with a bewildered expression. "Maine bolaa tha ke when I meet Manik...I will walk up to him" Nandini whispered her heart trembling like anything. She never felt this way ever before and a new fear was gripping her. "Will Manik like me? I'm an average-looking girl...will he like me?" Nandini's heart was quivering, shivering and she couldn't bear this anymore. 

"Navya...pls tu meri ek help karle!" Nandini said quickly holding Navya's hand. "Kaisi help? Navya asked with a questioning look. "Please...aaj sham ke liye...tu apna naam Nandini bol...tu Nandini ban jaa!" Nandini pleaded. Navya's couldn't believe her ears...

"KYAAA?" Navya asked with a bewildered expression on her face as she noticed Kabir and Manik who had turned to look at them. Nandini froze seeing the suspicious looks on the face of Kabir and Manik who were walking to them.