chapter 9 once more manik

Main aa rahi hoon, Manik...main aa rahi hoon Mumbai. I don't know if we will meet...I don't know if I will be able to look into your eyes" Nandini thought as closed her eyes lying down on her bed. Watching the interview of Manik onscreen and the first eye contact she had with Manik made Nandini flustered a bit. She didn't notice when she switched off the interview of Dhruv and went to lie down on her bed.

"Mumbai...its going to be really exciting. But, how will I let him know that I am coming there? Should I inform him? If I leave here...I won't be able to talk with him till I reach there. Should I call him up??" Nandini thought. Nandini suddenly heard the phone ringing on the hallway. It was 11 P.M and the phone was ringing high and loud. 

"Is it Manik??" Nandini thought as she rushed out of her room and picked up the phone breathing heavily. "It was just too rings and I hope Amms who is sleeping upstairs didn't hear the sound of the phone ringing" Nandini thought as she picked up the phone and breathing heavily into the phone and before even she could reply...she heard the voice she now recognized clearly.

"Hello...Nandini...???" Manik asked in a questioning tone. "Hello??" Manik was eagerly asking. 

Nandini whispered into the mouthpiece..."Hello...". Manik could barely hear the "hello" it trailed off into the breathing that was heavy. 

"Hello, Nandu...were you waiting for my call? Did U run a marathon or something?" Manik asked with a naughty smile as he bit his lower lip in anticipation. 

"Hello...Manik..." Nandini completed the sentence. Her voice is so musical, Manik thought as he lay down rest his head on his hand. Nandini was breathing heavily. A few seconds passed as Manik continued to listen to the silence from Nandini's side...nothing could be heard except for her heavy breathing. Manik smiled...waiting for her to speak something.

"Hello..Manik??" Nandini continued as her breathing was returning to normal. "Are U there?" Nandini enquired.

"Hmm...I am here Nandu...just listening to the music of your breathing" Manik said with a little smile on his face. Nandini realized her cheeks burning from blushing. "Am I blushing?? Seriously...just listening to the voice and talks of the guy whom I disliked until 2 days back...Am I blushing?" Nandini couldn't just believe the change coming over her. 

"Ok enough of silence now...tell me Nandu...kab mil rahe ho? Do U want me to come to Chennai? I am busy with my schedule here...but I can make up an excuse to come there and let you apologize to me. Want me to come there?" Manik asked curiously. 

"Manik..kya mere sorry phone pe accept nahi kar sakte ho?" Nandini asked pleadingly. 

"Na...accept nahi kar sakta ek aise apology. I want to see that you really mean it...I want to see it in your eyes that you are sorry for what U said about me" Manik continued with a little smirk. 

"But Manik...kya tum mere awaaz main mere feelings nahi sun sakte?" Nandini asked softly. 

"Feelings??" Manik's eyes grew wider. "Does she have some feelings for me?" Manik thought as his turned sideways on this bed and tapped his finger lightly on the teepoy kept next to him. 

"Feelings..matlab...mere apologywaale feelings" Nandini corrected herself. 

"No...I don't feel any apologetic feelings from your voice. I don't want to just hear the voice. I want to see the person who called me arrogant...made me give an interview without my sunglasses on." Manik continued in a husky tone. 

"For me?? U gave the interview without wearing the sunglasses for me?" Nandini's eyes grew wide. She couldn't believe her ears. "The Fab 5 leader...the best music band in India..gave an interview without wearing sunglasses just for a simple person like me?" Nandini couldn't stop herself from feeling the burning sensation on her cheeks...as she felt herself blushing even more.