Chapter 12 Sunita kaand

"Nanduuu...neeche aaja jaldiii, tera phone hai (Nanduuu...come down fast, you've got a call) " Chachi called to Nandini standing downstairs holding onto the railing of the staircase. 

"Jiii chachiii, main aaiii (yes aunt..I'm cominggg)" Nandini replied as she ran down the stairs. "Kiska call hai chachi?? (whose call is it?) Nandini asked "Pata nahi. tere koi school friend hai!" Chachi replied pointing to the phone and walking towards the kitchen.

"School friend?? Who is that??" Nandini thought as she went to pick up the call. 

"Hiii Nanduuu" Nandini heard a voice which she didn't recognize. 

"Hello? Who is this?" Nandini asked sitting down on the chair next to the teepoy. 

"This is meee Sunita! Identified me??" the voice replied. 

"Sunita??? Kaun Sunita?" Nandini asked confused. 

"U forgot me so fast??? Remember??? The Sunita who sat on the last row of the class" Nandini was racking her brains trying to remember who this is. 

"No...actually the class had so many students..I can't remember you..." Nandini said with a confused expression. 

"Nanduuu tu bhi na? You give me your whatsapp number, I will add you to our school group" this total stranger was asking for Nandini's mobile number. 

"Whatsapp?? I don't have whatsapp, yaar!" Nandini continued getting even more confused.

"Achcha?? Kaunse era se ho tum??" Nandini immediately heard Manik's voice. 

"What????? Manik??????? It was you??" Nandini asked in disbelief. 

"Hmm...I can't believe that U don't even have a whatsapp!" Manik continued in disbelief.

"First you tell me...who was that girl?" Nandini continued pouting her lips. 

" Who girl??? Oh that...I just used a software to make my voice sound like girl! Modern technology U know?" Manik replied with a little laugh. 

" U know! I thought U are really some girl!" Nandini replied with a little smile. 

"Wo kya haina ke I know that U are not staying alone and if I called up in the voice of a boy, whoever picks up the call may get doubts!" Manik continued sitting down on his bed. 

"Ahaa...so U tricked my chachi??" Nandini asked with a naughty smile. 

"Then what?? I mean I don't want your chachi asking if you have a boyfriend or something" Manik replied casually. 

"Haan haan...mere tho already boyfriend haina?" Nandini said with a huge smile. 

"Boyfriend????? Who?? U told me that U have only Ayyappa as boyfriend" Manik replied his eyes widening "U have another boyfriend?? For real??" 

"Haan haina!" Nandini replied naughtily. 

"Achcha? Naam tho bataao!" Manik replied his eyebrows crowding into a frustrated expression. 

"Naam kyon bataaoon? He is my boyfriend you know..." Nandini continued taunting Manik.

"Ok then if you have a boyfriend, U go and be with him..bye!" Manik replied cutting the phone. 

"Ayyappa!! Ye phirse phone kaat diya?" Nandini asked looking up at Ayyappa and Ayyappa also looked down at her with a smile. 

"Kyon Ayyappa...why does he do this always?" Nandini asked herself as she placed the receiver back into the cradle. As soon as she placed the receiver back into cradle the phone started ringing again.