{Chapter Twelve}

//Josh's PoV\\

Freya walks into my room. I sigh, taking off my head set, and I look at her as if I was asking what's wrong. She smiles and then sits on my lap, kissing my neck.

"Frey, I have to edit." I groan, I kiss her forehead and stroke her cheek with my thumb.

"But Joshy, I'm bored." She pouts and continues to kiss my neck.

I can hear laughter coming from downstairs as if I was missing out on something important.

"Josh, what's wrong?" Freya asks.

"What are they doing downstairs?" I enquire, staring at my door.

"Ellie and JJ are playing Fifa, I think, why?" She answers confusedly.

"Oh, uh, nothing." I shut my mouth and carry on editing and ignoring Freya on my lap.

Freya squeals to try get my attention, but she's starting to piss me off.

"Frey, stop it." I lecture, sounding like a dad.

"No," she giggles.

I push her off in a huff. "I said stop it. Go downstairs, please, I need to concentrate." I beg.

"Fine." She spits before leaving my room, and slamming the door loudly.

I roll my eyes at her attitude and stare at my wall.

I keep my lip between my teeth as I stumble downstairs. I could hear Simon shouting cheering, and JJ laughing. Then I heard Ellie, she was calling for me.

"Eyyy, here he is!" Ellie cheers.

"Hey, whatcha doin'?" I ask Ellie as I sit down.

"Nothing, me and JJ were playing Fifa, JJ beat me so he is now playing Simon." She laughs, looking at me and staring into my eyes as her cheeks turn bright pink.

"Hey, you know when Simon told you about me and him, you know?" I start nervously.

Ellie's smile drops slightly in confusion, "what about it?"

"You're not gay for Simon, are you?" Ellie jokes, laughing in a non-humorous way.

"What? No, of course not Ells." I laugh.

"Then what is it Josh?" Ellie asks, her eyes widening a little as she waits for my response.

I clear my throat. A strong feeling takes over my stomach, aching sort of. I watch her bite her lip causing my heart to pound. What's gotten into me?

"Josh?" Ellie questions. She has a smile on her face.

"Oh, um. Could you forget about it for me? It's kinda embarrassing knowing that I kissed my best friend." I explain, and her smile drops.

"Who is a male." I add.

Ellie nods and turns away. I keep my eyes fixed on her. I could hear her voice shout for me in the back of my head, I hum as she comes into my head.

"Where did Freya go?" I ask.

Ellie's face fills with disappointment and then, she sighs.

"She stormed out in a huff, saying she had to leave. I tried to ask her what happened, she just walked out." She explains.

"Oh," I respond.

"What actually happened?" Ellie asks.

"She just started to piss me off, so I told her to go downstairs. She's being so needy lately." I complain.

Ellie laughs a little, her nostrils flaring and her cheeks rising. God she's cute. Wait what?

I notice Ellie snuggling into my chest as I slip down the leathered sofa. I look at her as I wrap my arms around her, resting my chin on top of her head. She hums and smiles, closing her tired eyes. After a few minutes, I hear faint snores coming from Ellie. I smile brightly.

Simon looks over, a smirk spread across his lips. I chuckle, and flip him off. I close my eyes and fall asleep with Ellie in my arms.