{Chapter Twenty Eight}

I hesitate as me and Josh enter the kitchen. I back up and sigh, leaning against the wall. Josh glances at me confusedly.

"What's up?" Josh asks.

"I-I can't go in there." I hiccup, staring down at the ground in humiliation and embarrassment.

"Why not?" Josh questions, lifting up my chin so I was now staring up into his hazel eyes.

"I just can't face the boys. I just have this weird vibe." I shiver, holding on tight to Josh like I was afraid of something.

"Ellie, they're your best friends. You can't hide way from them because of a silly mistake." Josh reasons. I nod in agreement.

I start to feel like a complete idiot. I hold onto Josh's arm and lead him into the kitchen.

"Have you made up?" Vik asks. Simon and JJ look up from their phones.

"Well, duh, Vik." Josh chuckles. "It was a misunderstanding."

"Are we good, Simon and JJ?" I question as I sit between them.

"Of course we are!" JJ exclaims, grabbing me in for a hug and riffling my hair.

I pout at him as I fix my hair. I look over at Simon who had a smile on his face.

"What?" I laugh.

"I don't know, you just make us happy." Simon confess.

"Aww, Simon you big goof! Come here!" I open my arms to embrace Simon. I tightly wrap my arms around him. I notice Simon had a slight frown across his lips.

"Simon? You alright mate?" Josh asks as he notices as well.

I push away from Simon and hurry to Josh, only to give Simon space. I wrap my arms around Josh's side.

"M-me and JJ ha-have something to confess." Simon stutters.

"Are we really doing this now?" JJ asks through his gritted teeth. They both look nervous and anxious.

"What is it?" Vik question.

"Me and JJ are a couple. We-we're gay." Simon chokes out.

I gaze up at Josh with a smile to see his reaction, he had a smile one his face.

"Well, JJ's bi, and I'm, um, gay." Simon adds.

"Congrats!!" We all cheer as Simon and JJ kiss.

"They're so cute!" I squeal, running up to them and hugging them both.

Then, suddenly, the door bell goes which leave us all in silence. We all look at each other to see who'd get it, and Josh insists.

"Eyy!" I hear people yell, sounding like Lux, Freezy, and Sarah. I run out and see the three of them, and unfortunately Chris. My smile drops. What's he doing here?

"Ellie, could I talk you in private?" Chris suggests.

"Not without Josh." I demand.

"I would prefer it if Josh didn't come." Chris whispers.

"Well, I want Josh to stay with me. End of it!" I bark, grabbing Josh's wrist and dragging him into the other room with Chris following.

Without hesitation, Josh pins Chris up against the wall and growls in his face, smashing Chris' back against the wall harder.

"Josh, stop!" I command, but he ignores me.

"You're starting to fucking piss me off! What gives you the idea that she'd wanna date you? You dickhead!" Josh shouts.

"Joshua!" I scream.

Josh pauses and look at me, dropping Chris to his feet.

"Calm down, please, he's here to talk." I pant. I wipe the sweat from Josh's forehead and press my lips against his, making sure he knows nothing will go down. "I can handle it."

Josh stands behind me so Chris doesn't try any funny business with me.

"Listen, I wanted to apologise," Chris begins.

"Apologise? My arse." Josh spits.

"Josh, sit down, please." I beg. Josh sits down on a chair and bites his nails in an anxious way.

"I won't try anything, I promise." Chris promises. He looks behind me to make sure Josh isn't watching. He comes close to my ear and whispers, "unless you want me to, baby."

I gag in disgust as he walks out.

"What did he say in your ear?" Josh asks. I turn around to see Josh close up against me. I guess he's just being protective.

"It's nothing," I lie.

"If he touches you again, tell me, I'll crack his head open." Josh smirks.

I giggle as Josh grabs me into a reassuring hug.

Why does Chris want to ruin it all?