10 | Rose

"Alec? Really?"

"Good morning to you too."

"Don't you have a life of some sort? I meant how is it that you can call me this often? Especially on a Saturday morning in the summer."

"Wow, jumping right into it are we?"

"Ok... well that may have come off a little strong..."

"A little? I am honestly hurt Rosy. Hurt! Huuuurt!"

"Alec, shut up. I can hear you laughing."

"Damn it. I covered up to wrong hole."

"What?"

"Theres two holes on the phone."

"..."

"A hearing one and a talking one."

"..."

"I covered the hearing one instead of the talking one."

"..."

"I feel like you're not saying anything so I can just talk on and on."

"..."

"Ok. Yeah that's whats happening."

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"Are you serious? Did you not just hear me explain to you about the phone holes. Because you know I said-"

"No! No! I heard you I was just messing with you! Do not repeat yourself about the phone holes. Please."

"Well ok then Miss Bossypants. So why are you criticizing me at eight in the morning when all I wanted to do was talk to my flower girl?"

"Well I'm honestly just curious about your life Alec. Like, why are you up right now? The only reason I am is because I have to wake up earlier to have time to walk to the cafe for work-"

"Wait! You work at a cafe? Like the one I go to for my mochas? And the one I found your number in?"

"No... it's a different one."

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or lying..."

"I'm not. Really, I work at a different one."

"Ok, then what is the one you work at called?"

"I can't tell you that!"

"And why not?"

"Because... I like this phone thing we have. And I am 100% sure you will sneak attack me and get to see me without me knowing!"

"Have you no trust in me?"

"I do not trust you one little, tiny, ensie weensie, little bitty bit."

"Wow. Just wow."

"Oh come on. You shouldn't be surprised, I still don't really know you. Nor do I understand you what so ever, so I have no clue what you would do."

"I take that as a challenge."

"What? No. No challenge. That was not a challenge."

"Challenge accepted."

"Did you not just hear me? I said no challenge."

"Oh and by the way, I did hear you say you 'like this phone thing we have' and I will remember that for forever and ever. I'm even going to write it down. Done. This is a big step for our relationship Rosy and I can see big things coming, you'll see."

"What does that mean?"

"You'll see."

..................................

"I'll be waiting."