24 | Pansy

"You've reached Alec's phone, my phone, because this is Alec... anyways leave a message if you feel like it. If you don't feel like it then bye. How do I stop it—"

"Hey, so I saw Ms. Pumpernickel today and I thought of you...I'm on a break and this is when we usually talk. Look, I'm like a cat, ok? And before you judge just let me explain. I like my routine and my own things in their own specific ways and right now you are sabotaging my things—me I mean you're sabotaging me. Geez, I am just really awkward when it comes to leaving messages. Either way I'm done calling you I feel like I'm chasing a ghost right now and I just feel really, really stupid. So—"

"Hey."

"Alec?"

"Yeah."

"Alec what the hell! Where have you been?"

"I've been...Uh...busy..."

"Oh really? And what have you been busy with?"

"Uh...work."

"That's such a lie! What's going on? And be honest."

"You want honesty? Ok, I'll give you honesty but just know, you asked for it."

"Alec."

"I heard you talking about Jay and I got upset because I felt like you were replacing me, ok? Happy now?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! You talked about how similar we were and that he was staying for a while so I felt like he could easily replace me."

"..."

"Why the hell are you laughing?"

"Alec..."

"Ok, I'm hanging up—"

"Alec no! I'm laughing because Jay is a girl!"

"What?"

"Jay is a girl! Jay is short for Janette!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! She was my friend in elementary school but she moved to New York in 6th grade so now she just comes back to visit every once in a while! But anyways, no one could ever replace you. You're kinda my best friend now."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Wow."

"Mhm."

"I feel like an idiot."

"Well you should. I've been iced out by my friends before and it really sucks, especially coming from you."

"God, I know Daisy I'm so sorry. Every time I got one of your messages I wanted to call you, I really did, but I just got so jealous."

"Jealous?"

"I know Dais, I know it's childish."

"Yeah...but no one has every cared about me enough to feel jealous. Like usually people don't really care who I hang out with."

"Well I do. I want to be your one and only Alec and you my only Pansy and that has to be that."

"No one can and will every compare to you—I mean us. Whatever this is."

"So...you forgive me?"

"I mean it'll take me a little bit to fully forgive you Alec. Getting iced out and ignored stings but it was because you cared, you just showed it in the stupidest way possible."

"The stupidest."

"But generally speaking, yes. I forgive you."

"Good."

"Well my break is over, so I gotta go."

"Ok, bye Pansy. I'll call you tomorrow."

"You better."

"I will, I promise."

"Good."

....................................

"I'm such an idiot."

"Yeah, you are."

"Shut it you little worm."

"Hey, you said it not me."