44 | Florist

Ok, what's the first place on the list? My fingers fiddle with the now slightly crumpled piece of paper as I try to read the small blue words.

1) Elegant Flowers

Oh, I know where that is...at least I think I do. I once got flowers for mothers day there, but if I'm being honest with myself that's not going to help in any way. I wish Sandy could have come with me because that is the one (and only one) department I am lacking in, a sense of direction. Telling me that the shop is on Main Street does not really help me if I don't even know where I am right now.

"Hey!"

I look up just in time to stop myself from running directly into another pedestrian. I didn't realize that I was running and looking down at the same time...not a good combination, I know. I'm just a little distracted for obvious reasons. Sue me! No, don't do that.

"Sorry, sorry," I stumble, trying to catch my breath.

"It's fine, just watch where you're walking," the woman mumbles as she walks by.

"I will. Wait! Where is Main Street?" I call after her.

"You're standing on it," she responds, raising a judgmental eyebrow.

"Oh..right...Thanks!"

I spin on my heels and take off in a jog this time, I don't need anymore confrontations to distract me from...what ever I'm doing right now... I don't even know what to call what I'm doing right now. I'll decide that later.

 My eyes rapidly scan over the shop windows as I look for any hint of a flower or ribbon or whatever they sell at florists. I didn't realize that my palms were starting to get sweaty until I lift my hands up to rub my face.

That's weird, that never happens. I don't know if it's because I'm excited...or nervous. I mean she's the one that stopped talking to me. She's the one thats upset with me. What if she never wants to talk to me again? Let alone see me. What if she hates—no. I can't think that way.

Out of the corner of my eye I spot a row of buckets with bundles of flower sticking out of the top, sitting on the sidewalk. I walk over to them and look up at the sign of the tiny shop. On the top of the door is a little sign that reads, Elegant flowers.

My hand hovers over the handle of the door. All of the, what-ifs, start flying around my head in a chaotic fashion. But, I've come too far to give up now. If I turn back and let this all go, let her go, I'll never forgive myself. Taking a deep breath I slip inside the shop.

The first thing that hits me when I walk in is the smell. The sweet smell of flowers fill my nose with a soft but aggressive aroma. The second thing I notice is how empty the shop is. It's just me, the flowers and an empty counter. My heart sinks a little as I walk up to the counter.

"Um...hello?" I call to the empty room.

"Coming!" I hear from the room behind the counter.

Suddenly a tall woman with elegant features and dark black hair, steps out from around the corner.

"Good morning," she says with in a warm voice with a hint of a Spanish accent. "What can I do for you?"

"Um, well I'm looking for someone. I don't know what she looks like so I can't really give you a description but I think she was in here before and I just have to find her because I have to tell her something very important and her name is Daisy—"

"Oh, Daisy! Yes, Daisy was just here!"

"She was? Really? How long ago did she leave?"

"Hm, I'm sorry once I get into the paper work I can't keep track of time, so I'm not too sure..." A line appears between her eyebrows as she shakes her head. "But it wasn't too long ago, somewhere between 5-10 minutes if I'd have to guess."

"Ok, at least I know I'm on the right track...thanks!"

"My pleasure, sorry I couldn't be of more help." She gives me another warm and puts her hand to her heart. "Good luck."

"Thank you!"

I turn to leave when I spot something that makes me smirk.

"Actually, how much are these?" I ask, grabbing clumsily at the stems.

"Are they for Daisy?"

"Well...yes, hopefully."

"For Daisy, nothing."

"Really?"

"Yes, or course. Now go."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I call, stumbling out the door and down the street again.

Alright, lets try this again. Location number two, here I come.