39 | Gardenia

"Hi, you've reached Daisy's phone. Either I've lost my phone or I'm ignoring you. Either way leave a message after the beep and I may or may not call you back. Thanks!"

"Hi Gardenia, I'm guessing you already know it's me...being that you didn't pick up...I wish you'd pick up so you could tell me what I can do to make it up to you. Or at least just so you can yell at me or tell me to go to hell, I'd take those over this silence any day, really. I mean, I'm really just dying over here. I just—I can't—I—"

"Hey."

"Daisy?!"

"No. Sasha."

"Oh. OH...."

"Yeah. I warned you."

"I know you did but listen—"

"What is wrong with you?"

"A lot. There's a lot wrong with me. I will easily admit that."

"Oh, how big of you."

"Please don't come to my house and tie me up and—and do something to me."

"Don't worry, I won't. But only because I don't want to see that stupid face of yours."

"Thank you."

"Otherwise I don't know what I'd do to it."

"Ah. Right. Well, can I just please—"

"You can't explain and you can't speak to Daisy."

"But Sasha I just—"

"You just what? Couldn't wait a few days before you threw yourself at another girl? And before you say it was because you were drunk, that's a lame excuse and you know it. Even if you drank so much that you couldn't see a foot in front of you, you still shouldn't have been able to say those kinds of things about someone you supposedly love."

"..."

"She blames herself you know? For daring to be honest with you. For taking too long to tell you her answer."

"That's why she called?"

"Yes. She called you that night because she wanted to tell you that she wants to be in a relationship with you."

"No."

"Yes."

"..."

"Look just stop calling her. Leave her alone."

....................................