11 | Dahlia

"Alec."

"Dahlia."

"What is the purpose of today's call? Other than to call me another flower, that is not my name, for some unknown reason."

"I am 18, I have shortish brown hair, I enjoy watching baseball but I do not play it because I don't want to mess up my pretty face and I think of myself as having a normal body build. It's not terrific but it's certainly not bad. Actually, who am I kidding it's great."

"And do you enjoy long walks on the beach? What are you doing, creating a dating profile?"

"You, flower girl, are getting to know me. And yes, I love long walks on the beach."

"Oh, right. The whole challenge thing."

"Yes! I'm just too much of an amazing person for you to not know everything about me!"

"Ok... well you can begin to tell me how amazing you are but I can't talk for long."

"And why not?"

"Because... fhithtnfk..."

"What was that? You're mumbling."

"I said I'm going to a party."

"What? Dahlia is going to a party? Dahlia has a social life?!"

"Yes I have a social life and yes I am going to a party. Why do you sound so surprised?"

"I don't know you just don't seem like the partier type."

"Well... yeah you're right. I'm not. I bet you are though. I mean you're obnoxious, arrogant and you just don't know how to shut your mouth. You can fit right in."

"I want to argue with you here but everything you just said was pretty accurate. Except I'm not much of a partier anymore, I kind of got tired of the hangovers."

"Hm, never had one. Ok so I have to go pick up my friend now and drive over to the party."

"Well have fun... I'll be here, stuck at home, sick."

"You're sick huh? Is it just a cold?"

"Yeah, it's a cold fever kind of thing. Really It just appeared out of the boo."

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say... out of the boo?"

"Yeah, out of the boo... Why are you laughing?"

"Alec, it's out of the blue."

"What? No it's not, It's boo."

"How on earth do you think it's boo?"

"Boo, like a ghost. Like it unexpectedly popped out of nowhere and scared me like a ghost."

"Oh my God. I'm going, bye."

.......................

"Out of the blue makes no sense at all. She's crazy."