40 | Lotus

"Hi, you've reached Daisy's phone. Either I've lost my phone or I'm ignoring you. Either way leave a message after the beep and I may or may not call you back. Thanks!"

"Good morning Lotus. It's a beautiful day to go rolling down a hill. Or to just sit and look up at the clouds. I'm looking at one that looks a lot like brontosaurus, that's the one with the really long neck. Oh, now it just looks like a slide actually. That reminds me, Layla has been asking about you. She's still pissed as all hell at me for making you upset. You know what she said to me the other day? She told me that, 'you should never hurt someone you love because it always hurts twice as much'. I have no idea where she got that from but that kid is going to grow up to be a genius I'll tell you that much. She's definitely going places. I um...I realized the other day that I forgot about step number four, the most important one in my opinion. It was 'always keep those you care about the most, close'. I didn't do that, I freaked out and scared you away. And now you feel so damn far from me. Completely out of my reach. Daisy, or Lotus, I'll say it again, and I'll say it a million times over, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Bye."

....................................

"Did she answer?"

"No Lay, not today."

"Oh."

"Not today."