The beginning of something big

*****I wont waste your time with boring stuff but I wanted to thank you in advance for reading my story. I have put in a lot of time in this and being a working athlete and senior in high school is busy enough. :) So thank you in advance! I hope you like it!!! **********************

I woke up to the sound of an alarm going off at my bedside. Today was the day. Today was the day I would see my idol. My favorite Singer. Potential future husband? Haha kidding, but not really. The one and only, Shawn Mendes. I could barely sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about hearing him sing my favorite songs live. Sadly I do not have VIP because they were too expensive and were sold out in .2 seconds. But I remain optimistic. I will still be able to see him and hear his beautiful voice. And oh yeah did I mention I scored my friend Brooke and I Second row tickets! They are to the left of the middle section in the front. I am so freaking excited. I took a shower and threw on what I had planned on wearing for months when I found out he was coming to Columbia, SC for our state fair. I am wearing a light powder blue off the shoulder shirt with white shorts and my jack roger's that are white and gold. #whitegirl! :) I am so in love with my outfit. Almost as much as I love Shawn. Key word: almost.

When I was finishing up my makeup my doorbell rang and I yelled for Brooke to come in. I hung my head outside of my bathroom door so she could see where I was. She was wearing a t shirt that says I'm only here for the food tucked into some jean shorts and black nike tennis shoes. Her gorgeous brown hair in a cute pony tail. She looked laid back and cute. Good outfit for the fair. I could tell she wasn't as excited as I was for the concert, but she was still pretty excited. She is the one person I talk and obsess to about Shawn. She likes his music but she isn't in love with him like I am. "Hey Kayla! Are you excited for today?" Brooke said.

"Duh, I have been waiting for today for months now!" I yelled at her. (nice yell, not mean yell :) )

She laughed and sat on the toilet cover until I finished my hair and makeup. I decided I would put my bright blonde hair up to keep it out of my face so I decide to put it in a pony tail and wrap a piece of hair around the pony tail so you couldn't see the hair band. I was very happy with the way I looked. When I was done she couldn't stop smiling.

"You look so pretty KK."

In case you can't tell KK is my nickname.

"Well thank you but I won't ever be as naturally pretty as you."

Brooke blushes and smiles.

I can't wait to ride all the rides with Brooke at the fair. This will be our last time going to the fair together in high school. We will both be in another state (fingers crossed) next year.

We walked out to the kitchen where my parents were standing waiting so they could take pictures. They are the type of parents that like to take pictures of everything and film every moment of my life. She tell us to get together and Brooke and I smile for the camera. Usually I would complain about taking pictures but today felt different. I was so happy.

Brooke and I decided that we would take my jeep to the fair because I had the most gas and I didn't have to pay for the gas like her parents made her. #shoutouttomymom

When we get to my car I notice something in mywindshield. I run over to it thinking it was a parking ticket for parking onthe side of the road in my neighborhood (which I don't think is against therules but i don't know.) But it is an envelope.