Chapter 8

This was the day, you will finally graduate and determine what type of military you desire to be in.

It's been 2 years considering you were in the 104th training corps.

"Alright let me announce the graduate soldiers."

"First place goes to [y/n] Hirgai, the powerful soldier for this Corps. Congratulations!" Keith shouted and everyone clapped as they cheered for you.

"2nd. Mikasa, 3rd Renier—"

He went down the rest of the people, most of your friends made it as well.

"Congratulations to those who made it to the top 10, you will have 5 days to make a decision to join the 'Garrison.' 'Survey Corps' or the 'Military Police'.

This had your hopes to join the Survey Corps. That night, your friends and you were sitting by the campfire.

"Have you guys decided what you guys will join..?" I wondered.

"Survey Corps," Eren replied. "Where ever Eren is, I will go there too," Mikasa spoke poking his shoulders.

"Survey Corps." Connie, Sasha, and Armin said.

"Military Police..." Jean said. I looked over at Annie who was quiet, "Annie, what about you?" I smiled.

"Military police." We all grew silenced. "Why won't you join the Survey Corps with us?" I questioned.

"I rather work in Wall Sheena than anything," Jean said. "I have a reason too, but since you guys are joining the Survey Corps if you were ordered to die would you do so?"

Annie made us think, "then should I join the Military Police myself..?" I asked myself.

"That's not my decision to make since I'm not the one that should tell you what regiment to join." She replied standing up.

She probably has a personal reason so I decided to not ask any further.

"We're sacrificing our lives for humanity once we join the Survey Corps." I heard Eren muttered under his breath.

"This is scary but it's worth it right?" Sasha asked.

"But remember even if we do die while venturing outside these walls, our death wouldn't be meaningless, it would be special as we are fighting for humanity freedom right?" I looked up at the sky.

"Anyways, [y/n] you said you knew someone in the Survey Corps right?" Armin came over as he sat next to me.

"Someone...? I don't recognize anyone in the Survey Corps." I was puzzled as to why he asked me that.

"But you stated you had an adoptive brother there.." Sasha lifted an eyebrow.

"I don't remember guys..." I glanced down and breathed.

"I think you have memories loss," Mikasa responded feeling my head, how could she say that when I don't. "I really think I don't Mikasa.." I chortled.

"[y/n], b-but you always told us you have a relative in the survey corps. I believe you said it was a man who took care of you as a sister when you were growing up." Eren shouted but I couldn't seem to remember anything about saying that.

That night I couldn't seem to sleep after Eren and Mikasa asked me, "Do I really have memory loss" I rustled. All I could do was stare at the ceiling until I knew it was morning already.

Sasha who was snoring across the room was still sleeping. I decided to get up early, I washed my face as I wore my uniform. I walked outside and saw Jean already awake, "Good morning." He said and I nodded.

He walked over towards me as he handed a piece of bread which I took happily. "Guys! GUYS! The scouts are going to be in town today!" Eren yelled cheerfully which made me smile.

"Should we go look at them?" Mikasa said clearly which we all agreed.

----------------------------

We all gathered in town and so did the civilians, they all praised the Scouts Regiment. They rode horses as they went through town. "Look! It's Captain Levi!" One pointed and I gazed at him.

"I heard he's Humanity Strongest Solider!" Eren shouted and Captain Levi looked over to our direction. He had that cold stare and looked away right when our eyes met. Why does my head suddenly hurt?