Chapter 16

Your Pov:
I really want to go on the 57th expedition but recently my arm has not been healing really fast lately.

Maybe I could lie about it? Yeah, that would work. I was still particularly lying in bed but I couldn't stop thinking about Annie.

Why would she do such a thing just to get an answer outta of me? I shook my head just by the thought of it and got up.

I walked into the kitchen where there isn't anyone present yet. I chugged down a glass of water and sighed.

My hair was a mess, I was basically a mess just thinking about her. "You're still awake?" Eren walked in and leaned again the wall.

"Yeah...I couldn't sleep because of my thoughts about Annie." I faced him.

"A-Annie? What about her?" Oh, that's right, I lied to Eren that the reason behind my injuries arm is because I fell.

"She is the real reason behind my arm." I pointed, I actually told him the whole story and he already has doubts about everything.

"Annie wouldn't do that...I don't believe it." He looked down. "Well, she did so that why I've been feeling down," I replied.

Eren shook his head and walked in front of me, "At least your still alive, that is all that matters right now." His smile lightens the mood and I nodded.

It has gotten rather quiet again but...I backed away looking down. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I honestly think we should keep a distance?" I joked but he just got closer.

"[y/n], what if...I said I want you to go on the expedition?" He asked.

I LEGIT THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING 'ELSE.'

"Don't worry, I'll go," I replied.

——•
The day of the expedition.
We all arrived at the headquarters following Captain Levi.

"Oluo and Petra, you stick with [y/n]. Eren, come with me." Levi ordered. Eren secretly waved to me and I did the same.

I spotted Jean and Mikasa in the distance as I asked Petra to go see them, "Sure but make it quick."

"Mikasa...!" I shouted and she faced me, "[y/n], thank god you're alright. Is Eren alright?" She places a hand on my shoulders while I nodded.

"I can't forgive Captain Levi for beating him up." I noticed Mikasa's hands turn into a fist.

"Anyways, we and the others will be participating in the 57th expedition as well," Jean said.

"Alright, then lets all hope we make it back alive." I smiled. As I was about to walk away back, Jean stopped me.

"Hey [y/n]...the uniform looks good on you."

"Thank you." I simply said without looking behind.

—•

I was on the long scout range formation along with Armin. "Do you think we would make it out alive?" He asked and I nodded. "Yes, with minimal losses," I replied as my horse increased its speed.

Eren and Levi squad were going towards a different route towards the forest, we are supposed to meet up in the forest. A black flare shot up into the sky in the far distance indicating there is abnormal in the area.

"Armin." I signal him to look to our left and he nodded by shooting a black flare within the sky. So far in our direction, there isn't any titan's in our range with Armin was a relief but I was really alert on everything that could happen.

"Why is the ground roughly shaking?!" I shouted and Armin pointed. "It's....a titan running!" I widen my eyes, I've never seen titan that resembles a female with blonde hair. "W-WHAT THE HELL?!" I shouted. 

I shot a black flare into the sky and Armin couldn't stop looking at it. It was nearing us no matter how fast we went on our horses. "ARMIN FOCUS!" I said sweating. Before we knew it, it ran past us.

It didn't eat us? It kept running in front towards where I think the command is. Then a yellow flare shot up into the sky and it was Reiner and Jean. "Yo," Reiner said riding his horse near us. "W-What's that." Jean pointed. 

"A titan? But it looks like a female." Armin noted. "If it's running at that speed, do you think it's a human in there?" Jean asked. "Probably, I don't know."