Chapter 32

Erwin had called the mission off due to the wipe out of many squads. Everyone was heading towards little plain fields as many bodies were placed in carriages.

Most of them were good soldiers and new scouts. Eren wandered around apologizing to all the bodies, wishing that they should have deserved better.

"Hey Eren, have you seen [y/n] around? She's missing." Mikasa touched his shoulders but he shook his head.

"I think she was put in the 'Forward scouts' position of the formation.." Eren shrugged.

Meanwhile, Levi was walking around looking at each corpse although at the same time looking for you. He couldn't find you which made him concerned.

"Alright Scouts, head back," Erwin shouted and everyone got on their horses except Levi.

"Erwin wait." Levi stood in front as he watches Erwin got on his horse all ready to go. "What is it, Levi?"

"Was that all the bodies? I mean to those who lost their lives today...?" He questioned as Erwin nodded.

"Yes. Now get on a move on." He ordered.

Levi sighed as he got on his horse and went straight for the walls along with the others. He couldn't stop thinking, he didn't see you but he's not going to have the theory where you were killed with the others.

Levi and the others arrived at the headquarters. He noticed Armin and Eren talking and decided to interrupt them.

"Hey brat, where 'Hiragi?' " he questioned using your last name but they shook their heads, "I don't think I saw her on the way back," Armin replied.

Levi initiated his eyes a little as he nodded while walking away, "She's not dead." He told himself.

Flashback

"Please...promise me you will be safe. I know Commander Erwin had put you in a difficult but most of all life risking spot on the field."

You smiled a little and nodded, "Don't worry. I've signed up for this kind of stuff so I'm ready for whatever happens I will make it back alive." You reassured him.

End of flashback.

Levi went straight to Erwin's office and asked him once more, "Where is [y/n]?"

Erwin was looking out the windows before facing Levi, "We didn't find her."

Levi's hands grew into a rage as he lifted Erwin by his collar. "What did you mean you didn't find her?! YOU PUT HER IN ONE OF THE LIFE RISKING POSITION!"

Hanji marched in and saw everything as she rushed over to hold Levi back from punching him. "Levi!" Hanji screamed.

"You shouldn't be blaming Erwin! We didn't only lose [y/n] but also other soldiers!"

Levi faced Hanji with dead flares in his eyes, " Four-eye. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IMPORTANT [y/n] IS DO YOU?"

"Is she the only one important?! What's with you? When your old comrades died, you seem like you didn't care at all?" Hanji blurted out. Levi faced her as he lifted Hanji by the collar with the cruel stare in his eyes.

"W-Well...I mean she could be alive still, right? We haven't found her body yet." Hanji smiled but Levi just walked out of the room.

Paige who was standing in the hallway saw Levi walking by himself. "Captain Levi!" She shouted while holding onto her arms which were injured

"What?" He shouted which frighten a little. "Is everything okay—?" Before she could finish, Levi stared at her.

"Go back to your squad." He ordered before leaving her once again.

---

A few days later. 

Levi walked down the hall, he didn't eat or sleep. He spotted Jean following Mikasa who was annoying her, "What do you what?" Mikasa said to him. "M-Mikasa...well. Good work?" Jean tried to come up with a question but probably failed. 

Levi looked at them and bit his bottom lips a little, it reminded of you guys when you were little. You always asked him unmeaningful questioned...but those days were over now. Jean and Mikasa noticed Levi and stood straight saluting him.

"Captain."

Levi took a look at each one of them quickly while sighing as he walked away from the two. Mikasa and Jean looked at each other, "He 'sighed' ?" Jean asked. "Seems like it." 

"Is it true that [y/n] is dead?" Jean questioned but Mikasa shook her head with no hesitation, "She won't die easily...stop believing rumors." She replied. 

Levi pulled his chair and stared out the window, it was a view that was blocked by the walls. He kept blamming himself for letting you take that position, he wished he would of stopped you instead of letting you go.