Chapter 49

I decided to walk into Levi's office, so quiet and lonely. I kept eyeing his desk but it was so clean I dare to even touch and mess up his organized desk.

I walked back out, closing his door tightly. I don't even live here anymore yet this felt like my home from the very beginning.

Levi Pov:
"What are you doing Eren! Look forward!" I grabbed him by the head while spinning him around.

I can't believe he's been so unfocused lately which pisses me off though he's in my group so I have to protect him and my squad.

We were at a rest spot because Commander Erwin and Hanji are investigating something that I have no idea of.

"Stop running you two!" I shouted at Connie and Sasha who are running like two lovebirds.

Lately I've been thinking about [y/n], I felt so distanced from her nowadays...probably because she is no longer part of the Survey Corps.

Also, it's now wrong for a Queen and Soldier to be secretly in a relationship.

"Levi, we need to get going! MULTIPLE TITANS COMING FROM AHEAD! PREPARE TO ENGAGE!" Erwin shouted.

--

Your Pov;
I went back home as I stepped into the living room and looked at the maids with my eyebrows raised.

"Is Historia not back yet?" I asked.

"No miss, she has not returned." One replied.

I sighed as I rushed down the halls of the palace, there was a lot of paintings on the walls of my ancestors in which I recognized.

I suddenly stopped smiling as I came across a familiar painting. It was a painting of my mother and father with me as an infant.

My eyes also suddenly got all watery just by looking at the portrait itself. "Is something wrong your majesty?" A maid tapped my shoulders.

"Nothing...I'm just looking at the portraits." I sniffed as I gave a smile.

I continued walking and eventually entered my room, sometimes I'm confused if this was actually my room since it's 10 times bigger than my actual room at the HQ.

I jumped onto my bed as stared at the ceiling, I can't wait for Levi to return so I can go visit him.

5 days later.

"The Survey Corps has returned your highness." The guards said as I was filled with excitement.

"Really?! When did they return?" I smiled as I held the guard hand as he blushed and gulped.

"2 days ago."

I quickly rushed as Historia grabbed my wrist. "Hold on, are you going to visit our friends?" She asked as I nodded.

"Let's go together then." She said in which I quickly agreed.

We both wore our standards uniform, I was waiting for Historia to come outside as I was already on my horse.

I've never worn my tiara ever since coronation day but Historia always wore her crown.

"Lets go." I heard her voice and turned around a little bit surprised. Historia got on her horse as she face me raising an eyebrow.

"What is it?" She said as she laughed a little.

"Your crown, your not wearing it?" I asked but she shook her head, "I don't need to, let's go." Her horse was already ahead of me.

We arrived as we walked in but it was not the type of image I would imagine to see.

"Their injured?" I whispered to myself surprised as Historia went immediately to look for Ymir.

"Hanji! You shouldn't be moving!" I saw Moblit grabbing Hanji to laid back down, she had small cuts on her cheeks.

I kept looking and looking passing by each cadets but I couldn't find Levi. I widen my eyes as I saw Eren with one arm bandage and Mikasa holding on to his arm and with her other arm holding onto crutches.

"Eren!" I shouted his name as I rushed to the two of them but they didn't smile, all they did was face down.

"Where's Levi?" I asked placing my hands on Eren's shoulders but he continued to look down not responding.

"Mikasa?" I turned to asked her but she did the same thing, didn't answer anything.

I back away shaking my head,
"No, he's still alive right?" I faked a smile but I need to see him in order to feel relief.

"Captain Levi...got the most injured while protecting us, Commander Erwin also, so he's knocked out right now. The two of them were the first on the line for battle—"

I had to cut Eren off, I didn't want to listen. "Where is he?!" I shouted nearly tearing up. Mikasa pointed down the hall and I instantly rushed over.

I kept my eyes straight open, once I saw him I felt relief but almost terrifying looks. "Levi!" I rushed over to his side while grabbing lightly to his arms but he forcefully shoved me away. "Why are you here?" Levi asked me but I was about to touch him again.

"Tsk! Leave me alone, I can walk by myself!"