Chapter 31

2 Weeks Later—

Today was the start of the 59th expedition beyond the walls, the new scouts were nervous as some were brave.

Everyone was rushing to put their gear on, as I was about to leave to go to the horse stable, a hand grabbed my wrist.

It was Levi, he had that serious look on his face that made me nervous a little. "Corporal..?" I said as he softens his grip on my hand.

"Please...promise me you will be safe. I know Commander Erwin had put you in a difficult but most of all life risking spot on the field."

I smiled a little as I nodded, "Don't worry. I've signed up for this kind of stuff so I'm ready for whatever happens I will make it back alive." I reassured him.

It was just us around in this supply room as everyone had already headed out. Levi pulled me in for a quick hug and I just stood there without hugging him but smiled when he pulled away.

We all gathered in Shiganshina District waiting for the gates to open. One of the new scouts were shaking as I looked at him nodding at him indicating it will be okay.

He smiled back as he took a deep breath. The gate opened and all of our horses started trotting outside.

Sooner or later we were in the titan's territory, "Long Scouting Formation. Let's GO!" Erwin shouted and I immediately did.

Levi glanced at me as I smiled at him. We were separated this time as I was placed at the outer of the formation, where I will most likely see a lot of Titans.

Levi squad was in the middle, my horse trotted to the front leaving his squad behind.

I bit my lips hoping everything will be okay. I mean we're outside so anything could go wrong.

I'd felt something roaring behind as I looked, a crawler. I gulped as my horse ran faster, I reached for my gun as I shot a black flare into the sky.

"[y/n]! OVER HERE!" I looked behind to see one of the cadets called me.

"No, it's too dangerous! KEEP MOVING!" I shouted back. I lured the crawler far enough from the formation that it hit the front trees. I sighed in relief as I wiped my sweaty forehead. Our mission wasn't to head to the ocean but to the southwest side. 

There was a lot of red smokes signal flare the north as Commander Erwin shot a green flare into the sky to reroute accordingly. I noticed my horse was slowly its pace as I slowly pet its cheek, "Not now." I said and the horse increased it's speed as I commanded it to go in the course I wanted it to.

"H-HELP ME!" I heard one scream as the Titan lift him up and bit him in half. I watched the horror in my eyes as I kept moving forward no matter what. All I could think right now is Levi....but no, he has the safest position so he's fine.

My horse suddenly got on its two legs as I fell rolling off onto the grass, my horse then ran away from me as I was left alone. I was panicking right now, it's nearly impossible to survive out here without a horse! 

"WHAT THE HELL!" I shouted while standing on my feets but I knew I had to keep calm, then a loud roaring was behind me. I widen my eyes as tears filled it up, a titan that was creepily smiling at me. I quickly ran as the abnormal followed. 

At this point, I knew I was dead meat food for the titan. I kept running no matter what, I couldn't use my gear right now so I abandonded them while running into the forest but as I looked behind. 

The titan's hands got closer as it nearly picked me up.