Chapter 23

The sun was rising up a little bit as everyone started to wake up. Levi opened his eyes while looking around. He didn't see you next to him which made him stood up.

He glanced over to the other high branches but you weren't there, instead it was the other squads still resting. "Tch, where is she?" He said wondering.

He then saw a wire hooked onto the branch from below as you pull yourself up there surprising him a little. "good morning corporal." You said keeping yourself steady.

"Where did you go?" He asked. "I went berry hunting, apparently I got a bunch of fruits!" You said as you open the bag showing him a bunch of fruits.

He glanced at your eyes, "You could have woken me up to go with you, we're in the forest and the titan could have come at you anytime."

"About that, I didn't want to disturb you that much sir." You held your bag close while looking down.

"It's alright." Levi places a hand on your shoulder but quickly removed it when Hanji came by.

"GOOD MORNING!" She happily said making you jump which caused Levi to grabbed your hand from falling off the edge.

"Tch, four eyes. What do you want?" Levi shot Hanji a death glare. "Relax Levi, Anyways we will be heading out soon." She said and told him to come with her leaving you behind.

"Oh and [y/n], don't mind me but I'm going to steal Levi for a little bit." Hanji smiled really hard while Levi rolled his eyes.

"Alright." You said nodding a little as you watched Levi and Hanji using their gear to go from tree to tree.

Eren then used his gear to stand next to you as you smiled back to him, "Good morning Eren."

"Morning." He replied.

Eren sat next to you looking through the bags of fruits, "Woah you got this whole thing by yourself??!" He said amazed.

-----

Your pov:

"Yep, I happen to get up early this morning," I replied smiling but I noticed Eren was leaning in closer. I looked up and our face was only 2 inches away.

"E-Eren...?" I whispered as I looked into his dull eyes. He didn't say a word as he leans closer and I felt his breathing near my lips.

"What are you doing brats?" We both shook a little and saluted to Levi. "Captain!" I said. "Oooh were you two going to kiss?" Hanji teased.

"No..." I replied placing a hand on my chest. I saw Levi glanced at me before giving a death stare at Eren while he gulped back at Levi.

"Jaeger, you little shit."

"S-Sir, I'll be careful next time." He answered.

We then heard Erwin voice calling us to prepare to move out further. Hanji and Eren already left and start walking on the ground already.

I was still on the tree branch wearing my cloak before preparing to head down. "[y/n]." Levi called my name while grabbing my wrist before heading down.

"Yes corporal?" My heart was pounding whenever I was near him. "That Jaeger kid didn't kiss you right?" He asked and I immediately shook my head.

"Good." He sighed a little.

You caught up with the others and prepared your horses. "Alright we should get moving, Mike has sensed that there are titans coming from the east, if we head North then we will be able to avoid them!" Erwin shouted loud and our horses head out past the forest.

"Look at these big ass trees, our mission is to get to the outer edge." Levi blurted out and I laughed a little to myself which he took note of.

"What." He asked.

"Your hair," I whispered, it was messy like a typical guy who wakes up and his hair is really all over the place. I keep seeing in the corner of my eyes that Eren is glancing over but I looked down as I avoid him.

"tch." Levi used his hands to quickly ruffle his own hair until in was in the usual hair. "Sir, Two titans spotted behind us!" Mikasa shouted and I looked behind over my shoulders.

"And they are pretty fat as well," I said. "Stop making references and look ahead," Levi directed and I pout a little to myself.