Chapter 26

I'd walked back to the group where everybody was resting by the campfire. "Took you long enough," Jean stated while crisscrossing his arms. "Sorry, we were searching the area a little," I said smiling and Eren did the same.

We added extra branches to the fire as I sat down while hugging my knee looking at the fire burning the sticks. "Look...what I stole from squad three." Sasha grinned happily while taking out a whole bundle of meat which we were shocked.

"Sasha! We're going to get in trouble, why would you do that?!" Connie quietly shouted. "Not if we don't tell them. Say how about we share?" She suggested.

We all nodded and Sasha started to roast the meat by the fire, "Our first night out of the walls." Armin said. It is our first night out of the walls, I feel the air more and more. It felt more natural than ever.

----------------

Levi was sitting by his squad along with the Commander, he kept hearing loud voices from your group. "Tch. They are being noisy." Levi looked down at the fire which Hanji smirked, "You like [y/n]."

He looked at her and gulped a little, "Shut up four eyes, of course not."

"Ah, is that so? Then I guess it wouldn't be bad if Eren dated her then right?" Hanji kept coming up with all these theories but Levi took the opposition towards it. "Object, I object."

"Levi, I've been craving to ask you something. What's your connection with [y/n]?" Erwin said. Levi looked at him straight into the eyes, "What do you mean by that precisely?" Levi questioned.

"I have eyes Levi, she displays no fear in talking to you. [y/n] seems to approach you easily every time. Other cadets are scared of you because of your heartless expression on that face of yours."

Levi took a deep breath before speaking, "I've protected her when she was little and I was probably about 15 at the time. Her mother and she were traitors since they refused to be close to the King. So they've been tracked down for prosecution ever since."

Erwin and Hanji were a little agitated by it, "What about her mother?" Levi glanced over at you, seeing you laughing with your friends. "She was shot by one of the military police. I've taken her in to live with me for a couple years and I guess [y/n] gotten used to calling me 'Onii-Chan.' even though were not related in any way."

"So she has a intimidate past then..." One of the cadets responded. "That's right. I've stated to my life that I'd guard her." Levi stood up. "But shouldn't you worry about your personal life?" Hanji jokingly said but he swayed his head.

"What about Petra?" Levi abruptly glared at Erwin for questioning as if he didn't assume it. "It's true, that I'd promised to her father to marry her when we come back from the 57th expedition but she didn't survive. Even if she did, It wouldn't feel like were 'husband and wife' because my heart doesn't feel the same with her."

Levi stared into the fire, "I wondered if my whole death squad were meaningless..." He rested his chin on his palm. "We don't know who will be the next to sacrifice their lives but if I happen to be next, then promise me something." Levi looked at both Hanji and Erwin.

"Sure, what is it?" Hanji smiled at him. "That you keep and eye on [y/n] so she is always happy. Even now, because the fact I'm busy all the time I don't have time to keep an eye on her."

Hanji and Erwin looked at each other before agreeing to do so, "Don't worry we will. Matter of fact I think she is following in your steps." Erwin smiled a little but Levi raised an eyebrow.

"I mean that she may become Humanity Second Strongest Solider because she's really strong and smart that she excels in everything perfectly. She killed so many titans solo that it proves she is stronger, also she did graduate 1st place." Hanji smiled happily.

Levi smiled to himself a little, "I guess she is."

Eren stabbed himself by accident while trying to cut the meat, "BAWAHH~!" Jean laughed as he fell back which caught the attention of the others. "tch, those idiots." Levi said.

"I guess it's fine to be happy once in a while," Erwin addressed while resting his eyes.