Chapter 29

Hey y'all!!! Sorry to make ya wait!!

__________________________

Chapter 29: Family Secrets

Carney

I giggled feeling Dante's lips softly graze my forehead as he slept

I giggled feeling Dante's lips softly graze my forehead as he slept. Oh I love cuddling up with him... now. It's still so strange to me. How could I love this man? After all he's done to me... I love him. But, he's changed so much since the first time we met. Maybe that's why I forgave him. But still deep down I still have my doubts. I mean, he's been nice and loving before but it was all an act for his mother. Then it was because he just wanted sex. And now here I am surrounded by his family. What if this whole romance is a lie? If he's still using me to get on his parents good side? I've seen the type of women he would bring home, his date to his high school prom. Some of them were plastic but still beauty queens. And he's way out of my league-I don't want to think that he's using me but I'm overthinking. God, this is why I hate being alone with my own thoughts.

"Hmm, what's wrong petardo?" Dante asked still half asleep and I froze. I didn't mean to wake him.

"W-What? Nothing!" I said and he rubbed his eyes.

"You sure? I could feel your heart beating faster." He said and I hugged his side a little more.

"I was just thinking- well overthinking and putting myself in a... bad state of mind." I said and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"It's alright petardo. Children can wait." What the hell is this fool talking about?! I laughed shaking off my self doubt and cuddling up to Dante.

"Dante I was definitely NOT thinking about children but... us." I said and looked up at him.

"Us? Really?" Dante smiled and looked down at me.

"Yeah... I just want all of this to be real, and not something to please your family." I saw his mood immediately change to being pissed, a face I'm too familiar with. Dante got up and out of the bed. "Dante? I didn't mean to make you upset." I reached for his hand but he just stepped away from me.

"Are you fucking serious Carney?!" He yelled and a scooted back.

"You don't have to yell at me!" I yelled as he started pacing by the side of the bed. "I said I was sorry Dante!... I guess somethings never change..." I sighed and leaned against the headboard.

"I'm so fucking pissed-I can't believe you would say some shit like that to me." He said, still very pissed.

"You wanted to know! I'm sorry for thinking that you've changed Dante!"

"I thought this is what you wanted! That you loved me?! Or was that all just some shit?"

"Dante?! I NEVER said I didn't love you!... I was just having a moment of weakness and my nonexistent self esteem was eating me up inside-I was just overthinking... please come back to bed Dante?" I said while opening my arms for him. Dante sighed while rubbing his temples as he sat down.