Publicity

I was really gonna enjoy his face when he tries the pudding, I smirked a little, I had put a crust at the bottom!

After a few minutes I heard voices chat, Alfred was talking to somebody. I recognized it, it was Damian.

"I really don't care about this, can't you do it?" He said. I got up from my spot on the kitchen mini table and got closer to the door.

"Master Damian, I would suggest doing it yourself or your father is going to kill you"

There was a gap of silence, and then a long sigh,

"Alright" Damian said. I heard footsteps and I ran to the fridge, opening it and pretending I was going to get the pudding.

The kitchen door slammed open and I heard footsteps.

I heard the chair move. "Sarah, right?" I heard a young voice say, yet, not too young.

I turned around to see Damian playing with a spoon on one hand, and rest his weight on the table with his arm.

"Yeah" I said softly, yet, loud enough so he could hear.

"And your 13?" He asked another question, it didn't bother me, but, he had been rude before and it made me uncomfortable.

"Yeah, and Tim told me your 14?" I replied, adding a question of my own.

"Your right, but, Just saying, I'm not around much because of school, even though, your going to school with me tomorrow" he said, still distracted, twirling the spoon around his finger.

I closed the fridge door, with the pudding in my hands. I had gotten two small portions.

"You gonna eat, or are you going to keep playing with the spoon?" I asked. I was aware that it was rude, but I had to get some payback. He sighed and nodded, raising an eyebrow.

I put one of the portions on his side, and I sat on the other side. I waited for him to start eating first. He took a small bite and swallowed. He just sat there, frozen in place.

"This is nice, Pennyworth never really cooks us chocolate pudding. It's a nice change, and it's delicious, but don't get used to it, he never really did this before, so, I don't think he'll do it often, besides, you'll live with Barbara" he said.

"Actually, I made the pudding, Alfred just helped me get the ingredients and to mix them." I cleared out.

He looked up into my eyes, and, for the first time, his mouth opened a little, and his eyes widened. He closed his mouth and looked down again, eating.

This was a reaction I did not expect. We ate quickly, and in an awkward silence, it was strange.

We finished after a while. The silence remaining.

"So, you know anything about this city's heroes?" Damian asked, putting his plate aside.

"Of course, there's the legendary Batman, Night wing, Red Hood, Red Robin and Robin" I said. He smiled, knowing, knowing something I didn't. I had learned to read people's faces with my long years in the orphanage.

"So, you aren't as uninformed as I thought you were, especially since your from another city" Damian said. This ticked me off, because I had lived in another city and in a orphanage, it didn't mean I had to be uninformed.

" Well nothing really stops the press from publishing in other cities, now does it?" I asked sarcastically, him getting on my nerves.