I couldn't protect you

Your POV:
As the rescue group and myself ran to a large door that looked seemingly suspicious it opened on its own, immediately putting us on guard. We lowered it once we discovered it was a single human being.

They were dressed in a tattered cloak and sandals (seriously no fashion sense whatsoever) there face was covered by the hood but glistening tears fell to the floor once they saw us. "N-Natsu." the hooded female choked out before collapsing. The pink haired male caught her before she hit the floor, his mouth agape when he saw who it was.

"LUCY?! ITS YOU!" Wendy gasps as we all crowd round her like a group of kids surrounding a fight. The celestial Mage's eyes widened as she took a step forwards towards the imposter. "It is, BUT IM HERE!" Lucy screeches. "Ouch! I think my ear drums just burst." I complain as Natsu picks the girl up bridal style.

"We'll figure this out later, we gotta get out of here." Lily says smartly, already exiting. I follow in quick pursuit just to hear the announcement that Fairy Tail won the Grand Magic Games! We all look at each other and grin knowingly. Running through the castle that Yukino was trying to direct us through, our Lucy identity stealer woke up causing Natsu to lower her to the floor.

If she explained everything, I wasn't listening. I was too busy looking for guards that knew our position and tried to attack us. All I heard was Lucy from the past, Eclipse gate and destruction. Same thing Fairy Tail usually gets into.

Suddenly, we are on the move again and 'Future Lucy' guides us down a hallway only for us to be confronted by Royal guards. Growling under my breath in annoyance, I summon my twin White Angel katanas. "Natsu you take right, Mira and Wendy, defend Yukino, Lucy and Lucy. I will take left.

Darting forward, I twist under a spear which was stabbed at me and kick its owner in the chest before bringing the butt of my katana down on his head, knocking him out. A second one attempts to come behind me but I flip over him and simply punch the area just above his middle.

Moving onto my third victim, I went to side kick him but he and all the other guards were swallowed by darkness, their pleads for mercy welling up in their throats as they disappear into nothingness. In their place, is a single person, shadows and light surrounding him. "I'm looking for someone who is going to destroy our future. And I think Ive found them."

My eyes narrow as I recognise the voice choosing to ignore it, I skid away from an attack he sends my way. "LUCY HEARTFILIA!" The new enemy roars. 'THEN WHY DID YOU ATTACK ME!' I internally cry. Before anyone can react, he sends a black arrow towards the Celestial Mage, she was like a deer in headlights.

"LUCY!" I scream, skidding in front of her to take the hit, only to be knocked down by future Lucy. 'Alright why doesn't every try and play hero?' I immediately spin round on my butt and get up, my eyes darkening. "WHAT THE HELL!?!" I screech, running towards him readying my katana to strike him.

...

I find myself airborne, my feet dangling mere inches off the floor as I hang suspended from my neck. "Ah dearest Y/n! I thought I recognised you!" He brings me closer to his face, my legs kicking his shins as he speaks. "You know, where I came from you ruled along side me just so I wouldn't hurt your friend- OW!"

I managed to lift my leg and kick his lower regions before catching me breath. "I WILL PROTECT MY FRIENDS FUTURES." I choke out before darting towards him once more at his surprised state.

"WHITE ANGELS RAGE!" I scream, putting all my effort into this attack doing as much damage as possible. When my attack flies forward. creating smoke, he's gone. 'I know I'm good, but I didn't know I was that good.' I internally humour myself before my blood going cold at words in my ear.

"I'm going to go to the Eclipse Gate, my dragons and angel need me." And then he went. I dart round and slide on the floor on my knees to Future Lucy's side. "You'll be ok!" Wendy says, trying to heal her. "I'm sorry." I whisper out. "I couldn't save you." When Future Lucy does leave, I have to hold in my tears and be brave for her.

Running to the Eclipse Gate we see it is already open, with dragon after dragon entering our world. "LUCY!" Yukino runs over to her after being Mavis knows where. In her hand where the zodiac keys. "It's the only way to close the gate." Yukino urges. 'Ok Yukino, whose side are you on?!' I rage in my head, looking away from the two as they perform their ritual.

I gasp as I see a gate angel emerge in the opening of the gate. "CLOSE IT! CLOSE IT RIGHT NOW!!" I scream but it's too late, with its hands forcing the gate to be open wider it screams making the ground shake before taking to the sky. "Perfect." I mutter sarcastically as Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy join my sides.

"The Kind ordered the 7 Dragon Slayers and 1 Angel Slayer to take down all threats." I hear Hisui say behind us.