F O U R

Mr. Nikiforov
chapter four // french class

-
-
-
-
-

"What the hell were you even thinking?!" I cried over the music, resting my head in my hands as I sighed dramatically. Jumin looked at me with that void expression of his, no reaction to my question appearing anywhere on his face.

"I just told you, you've told me before--"

"But I didn't actually mean it..." I cut him off from his speech that he has been repeating for the last thirty minutes. Jumin has been a long-time customer, per say, and a good friend dispite our many differences. I first met him here when I started to work as a bartender in the Legions Club and it was when I first began to appear on stage that Jumin called me out on my age. We had talked a bit before that and I had mentioned I was a minor, but he didn't question it and respected my decisions, even when he saw me strip on stage for money--unlike someone else.

It's a common thing for Jumin and I to hang out before or after my shifts, much like what we are doing now. And it seems like one night, after a few too many drinks, I admitted to Jumin that I have always had a thing for certain kinks--illegal relationships seemingly being one.

Sober me didn't even know that was a thing I liked!

Jumin sipped on his drink and gave me a side glance, the corner of his lips curving upwards in the slightest. "How is it going for you both then? I'm assuming you haven't gone pretty far."

"Of course we haven't." I huffed, staring down at the counter as I deflated a bit. "He told me last week that we should forget what happened and he's been ignoring me ever since."

"Sounds like Victor."

"Why are you even asking me this? Hasn't he told you anything?" I brought up, turning in my stool to fully face Jumin's lean body, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"As far as my brother knows, I'm not aware that you're a student, much less at the college he's teaching in. So I understand why he's been trying to keep that part of his day a secret from me." My eyes narrowed as a bubble began to grow inside of me, my ears heating up and my temper began to boil.

"You didn't even tell him either?" Jumin shook his head.

"Victor moved here from Russia looking for a new and exciting life. He deserves it and I gave him one." The bubbly sensation inside me grew futher and I felt suffocated, my fists clenched and my body stiffening.

"But you did something he didn't want and now my professor hates me because of it." Jumin's eyes flicked over to mine and he frowned, showing some clear emotion for once.

"I never said he didn't want it." My eyes widened, the bubble growing inside my chest stopping adruptly.

"What?"

"He wouldn't stop talking about you that whole night. Whatever it is you did to him, you had him wrapped around your finger. I'm certain you still do." Jumin threw his head back, finishing the last of his drink, letting his words turn in my head. He sighed as he placed the glass down, "Everyone has lewd desires, some can just hide it better than others. Refusing is part of the game. If you really want something with my brother, don't give up so easily."

Jumin pulled out his wallet and took out a large bill, placing it on the counter before standing up from his stool. It was about time he left but I reached out for his suit, stopping him from leaving. There was something I had been wondering about.

"How come you and Mr--um...Victor, don't share the same last name?"

I would have probably suspected something if I saw a Mr. Han in my schedule, since it's such a unique last name here, but since they have different last names, there's no way I could have seen it coming. Maybe I could've prevented all this.