N I N E

^^video up above was (sort of) inspired by this story :) I just has this story in mind a lot while making the edit :3 watch til the very end ;)

Mr. Nikiforov
chapter nine // friday night

-
-
-
-
-

___

"Yeah." Victor chuckled, looking down at my shirt before looking into my eyes once again, his eyes closing a bit in amusement. After processing his words a bit, taking in the positions we were in and what it led me to believe, I felt a heat rush up to my face and ears.

"O-oh." I averted my eyes from his and scratched the back of my head, "I...didnt know."

Victor nodded and after a second, he pushed himself  away, letting me breathe some fresh air. Does this man not know what personal space is?

I quickly composed myself and looked down at my shirt, seeing that it was in fact, inside-out. No wonder I felt a bit off leaving the dorms this morning.

"You mind if I..." I motioned at myself and Victor raised a hand, waving it off carelessly as he turned to walk away.

"Oh, no. Go ahead." I nodded and tossed my backpack to the side, taking off my sweater and hesitating for a second before taking off my shirt quickly. It wouldn't have been the first time Victor would see me shirtless, but he still respected my privacy and turned around so I could fix my shirt.

He had walked back inside his office, leaving the door opened so I could walk in. After sliding my shirt on and deciding to leave my sweater off, I went inside his office, standing by the entrance much more comfortably.

"So...you wanted to see me?" I mumbled softly, catching Victor's attention.

He looked up from the paperwork he was fixing in his desk across from me, nodding. He took one quick breath and stared right into my eyes, his tone deep and serious.

"Are you...um..." He breathed out.

I slid my hands into my jeans pockets, frowning slightly. "Yeah?"

I watched as he placed the papers down to the side and walked around the desk to the front, sitting at the edge in a careless manner as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. My eyes lingered on his biceps that, despite the thick suit, were prominent.

"I tried to stop this, and we both know it's not right, but...I don't know what to do about this anymore. So..." bronze met icy blue and I was left breathless as I waited for his next words.

"Are you free this Friday night?"

Nothing.

There was nothing after those words. The room was as silent as a graveyard and not a single clear thought was going through my mind. Only his words echoing in my head and the constant thumping of my heart beating nervously in my chest and ears.

I didn't know how to respond. Most of all, I was stunned by his sidden question but I was also confused as hell. Surely I remember telling myself that I wouldn't let him move on so easily at some point, but I never thought it would actually work. And this early on? This was beyond my expectations.

Despite the many emotions I was feeling at the moment, I was definitely happy. Something about the soft blush rising to his pale cheeks as he nervously breathed his words out made me want to smile like a child on Christmas night. It was stupid.

After realising I hadn't responded, Victor brought his arms down and shamefully lowered his head, walking back to his seat behind the desk. "O-of course, it's fine if you're busy or you don't want to go out--"