T W E N T Y - T W O

Mr. Nikiforov
chapter twenty-two // merry christmas

-
-
-
-
-

[ YURI'S POV]

After having breakfast and cleaning up, I decided it was time for me to leave.

"So, I should probably go now..." I brought up, drying my hands. Victor looked up from what he was doing and cleared his throat, seemingly a bit surprised.

"O-oh, sure. Um..." He pushed his bangs away from his face a bit and smiled, "Thank you for helping around."

I shrugged, "It was nothing, really. And it was the least I could do, since I stayed over and stuff." Victor smiled back.

I had already changed back into my clothes and after making sure I didn't leave anything behind, we both headed towards the front door. Surprisingly, I heard little steps rushing towards us, a small bump against my leg let me know it was Anton.

"You're leaving?" He frowned a bit, looking up at me with his wide, green eyes. I nodded.

"I had a lot of fun." I admitted, ruffling his hair a bit. I shifted a bit in my place and stole a quick glance at Victor to make sure this was okay. "We'll play more next time..." I suggested slowly and Victor smiled in approval.

"Okay! Bye, Yuri!" Anton gave me a quick hug and skipped away, leaving me and Victor alone at the door.

Victor was smiling wide, the corner of his eyes glowing from how happy he looked. I laughed and tried to play it off with a soft "what?"

"Nothing, it's just..." Victor trailed off and sighed, shaking his head with that wide smile still on his face. "Anyways...tonight it'll only be me and Anton at home. If you want, you're welcome to come and spend Christmas Eve with us."

My chest warmed up and I nodded. This was exactly what I was hoping he would say. I honestly didn't even want to leave his side. "Sounds fun, I'll be back this evening then."

Victor nodded, "You can also stay the night, that way you won't have to drive back so late." He teased and I blushed, flashbacks of last night going through my head.

Anton didn't know, did he?

"S-sure."

Victor opened the front door for me and I hugged myself, a little surprised at the cold air. How did i manage to forget how cold it was outside?

"Here." I turned around and Victor handed me one of his coats, I soft pink dusting the tip of his nose from the chilly air.

"Oh, thank you." Victor motioned for me to turn around and helped me slide it on. It was definetely warm.

"Thank you." I said once again, stepping out to the porch. Victor was still in his plain pajamas so I knew I had to say goodbye fast.

"Thank you." He shot back, smiling. "Everything was perfect." He shuddered a bit.

I nodded and began to step away, waving softly. "I'll see you later then--"

I was suddenly pulled towards Victor and my body flushed against his. His face was incredibly close and his warm breath hit my trembling lips, sending goosebumps across my skin.

"Later." He whispered and kissed me. A simple, loving kiss, yet it managed to leave my head spinning and my heart speeding.

"Yeah." I grinned, unable to say anything else. Victor let go of me and waved goodbye as I walked away, leaving his lawn and going to my (Phichit's) car in his driveway. I got in and gave Victor one last wave before pulling out and driving off.