T E N

A/n: So sorry for this :)

Mr. Nikiforov
chapter ten // romance

-
-
-
-
-

The rest of that day went by incredibly fast with nothing worth remembering. As usual, art class was pretty dull besides Phichit and the twins making their spontaneous conversations during videos the professor was presenting. Engineering class went by in a flash, not even Yurio made any impact on my day. I was now back at the dorm, laying in my bed with nothing to do.

I stared at my ceiling, feeling empty. Like something was missing, or perhaps someone. But of course it wasn't Victor. It wouldn't make any sense, so it definitely wasn't his sudden disappearance that was making me feel like this. And I was going to prove it to myself.

I took my phone from the foot of my bed and scrolled through my contacts until I found the one I was looking for. I pressed the call button.

Ring... ring...ring...ri-

"God Yato speaking!" The cheerful voice greeted from the other side of the line.

"Hey, um...are you busy?" I heard a bit of shuffling on the other side of the phone, followed by wind, then Yato's voice.

"Just finished my last class, why? Something wrong?" I could picture the small frown on his face and I smiled a bit.

I shook my head, forgetting he can't see me, "Just my possibility of dying from boredom." I joked and Yato clicked his tongue.

"Ah? I suggest taking some vitamin movie and maybe order some company." I bit my bottom lip, chuckling. He laughed a bit before his end went silent, waiting for my response.

"Sounds like a good plan." I whispered, heat rushing quickly to my face. "I'll text you my dorm?" I said but through my nerves it came out more like a question.

I could sense the slight shyness from his end as he mumbled an, "Of course. Always happy to help."

Soon after that we hung up and I texted Yato the address and room number of my dorm. In a split second, I rushed out and made sure the dorm was clean. In a bit of a panic, I ran to the restroom and brushed my teeth, trying to put on some deodorant at the same time. After rinsing my mouth, I tried to quickly tame my hair a bit then rushed back to my room, changing out of today's outfit and throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a thin sweater. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable and not make it look like I was thinking about this too much. Which I wasn't.

I glanced around my room and bent down to pick up some scattered clothes, throwing them into my closet for safety measures. I was planning to watch the movie in the small living room, but it's never a bad idea to have your bedroom ready for...well...whatever reason.

I had just finished cleaning my room when I heard a knock from the front door. Taking a deep breath, I ran over to the front door then let it out. Before I had second thoughts, I opened the door and smiled.

"Hey." I greeted him casually, a bit out of breath. Yato smiled, clearly amused.

"Hey yourself." He teased and I opened the door wider, stepping to the side so I could let him come in.

"Sorry for dropping by without anything." Yato apologized as soon as he came in. I shut the door behind him and waved it off, shrugging.

"Don't worry. I invited you and I know you just came out of class. I should be the one apologising for just pulling you here." I chuckled and Yato shook his head, flashing me a slanted smile that nearly made my knees go weak.