Chapter 20

Bianca's POV

"Mrs. Hung will be undergoing her surgery tomorrow afternoon, 2:30pm." Hannah reminded me.

"Please tell her that she'll be needed to be confined here, in this hospital. Tell her that we need to observe her before her surgery." I told her and  proceeded to my next patient.

"How are you Mrs. Hung?" I asked as I fill up information on her medical chart.

"Just fine, Dra." The old lady answered.

I took a look at her to check her out. She really do look familiar. "Are you alone?"

"Yes, my grandson doesn't know that I have cancer. He barely even visit me, he's too busy with the family company."

"Do you have no one, I mean, do you have no other family?" I asked again. This is my first time to handle a surgery patient that doesn't have any family with her. The worst thing is I guess she's going through this alone. She's an old woman.

"Oh, Dra., my sisters and brothers are far away. My daughter passed away almost 1 and a half decade ago. Her husband has also passed away." There is a sad look in her eyes. I felt pity for her.

"Can you please call your grandson and tell him he needs you?"

"I can't do that, he has something to take care of." The old lady explained.

"Okay. I'll check you after 5 hours, okay? Nurses will take care of you. Please do not hesitate to call me if you need help or you need something to ask." I said and left.

Why does not she want to call her grandson? I mean, she needs him right now the most. She's going to undergo a surgery tomorrow and no one is going to be there with her. I cannot let that happen to a nice, old woman like Mrs. Hung.

"Hannah." I called my secretary.

"Yes, Dra.?" She asked.

I asked her to give me the paper containing Mrs. Hung's personal information. She handed me a USB and I plugged it on my PC.

I dialed the number of his grandson. It was a PH number. I dialed it a few times then it was answered, finally!

"Hello." I started.

"Do I know you?" That voice seems to be a bit faniliar.

"Mr. Liv-----?" I stopped from what I read. Livson? Could this be---?

"Okay, I don't know who you are. But how did you get my personal CP number? I can the police and tell them to arrest you, this is some sort of stalking." He said pulling me back to reality.

Come on Bianca, do better. Keep it together!

"Your grandmother needs you." I said keeping my voice straight and mono-tonned.

"What did you do?" He asked seriously.

"She's in our hospital here in New York. She's going to undergo a surgery. She needs you." My voice starting to tremble.

I shouldn't had called him! I shoul've read his name first! I should've let the old woman alone! I'm literally slapping myself.

"Where is she?" He asked very seriously.

Should I lie? Or tell him it's a prank?!

I ended up telling him where she is confined. Okay, I'm dead.

Brent's POV

Why didn't she tell me?! She's my only family left. I cancelled all my appointments and poseponed all my meetings for 3 days. I have to be there for halmeoni. That doctor have a good heart. She cares for my grandma so much, and I don't know why. Because if she doesn't, them she wouldn't be concerned and give a call to her family. I asked my PA to book me a flight to New York and reserve me a room at a 5-star hotel.

"Sir, when do you have to leave?" Wow. That's fast.

"Tonight?" Sabi ko.

"Okay sir, I'm going to work on it." Maasahan talaga tong PA ko.

When I got home, my PA called. She told me that I can leave 2am tomorrow.

"Where is Mrs. Hung's room?" I asked the nurse.

"Sir, who are you?" She asked. Oh goodness, security!

"I'm her grandson, Brent Atticus Hung-Livson." I stated my full name.

"Right. She's on Room 807, sir." She said.

I quickly went there. I rode the elevator and thank goodness walang masyadong tao. Noong nakaharap na ako sa pintuan ng elevator at nasa loob na ako ng elevator, I saw a familiar pair of eyes. Their color. Their size. She was wearing a white doctor's coat. She was wearing a hospital mask. The mask is covering her nose, mouth, chin and partly her cheeks. Her hair tied up in a low side ponytail. The hair color. The way it was tied. Something is familiar.

Hindi ko na napansin na sa sobra kong pag-iisip nakalampas na ako.

"Halmeoni." I softly said as I open her room. She was just lying there but she was injected with an IV Fluid.

She looked at me with those soft eyes amd smiled gently. I run to her and kissed her forehead. "왜 말하지 않았다?    (Why didn't you tell me?)" I asked her.

"나는 너를 괴롭히지 않아. (I don't want to bother you.)" She said and smiled.

I smiled back and sat beside her. "Who is your doctor? She called me and told me that you're here. Baka paghindi pa niya sinabi na nandito ka at ganyan ang sitwasyon mo, mag-isa mo lang na haharapin lahat toh."

She laughed. "Sonja." She smiled. "She's Dra. Travis."

Shocked flooded me. "Travis?"

"Yes, Dra. Travis." She said.

No way. I thought she's going to be a psychiatrist! She's here?! And I'll see her always?! I miss her a lot! But I don't think I can face her now.

Wait! Baka naman ibang Travis lang yan. Come on, Brent! Brent Atticus Livson, you're a business man, you're a professional, be professional!

Tapos ano naman kung magharap kayo? Mahal mo siya pero konting pride naman! Brent be a man! You're acting like a woman! Like a princess in distress!

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there!!!!

Please read my published stories, The Twin Sister, Blood Academy (Die and Stay Alive), and When Stars Collide.

The Twin Sister's story revolves around a girl who had a dark past and is trying to find someone to be with. Till she found someone. She found them. This is may be good for mystery-readers.

Blood Academy (Die and Stay Alive), a story about a girl who entered a very competitive school filled with competitive students. Here she was killed in a very brutal way. Little did they know she had a twin sister, a sister who is ready to make her sister's killers pay.

When Stars Collide, a story about a girl who left her man for her family's safety and for her man's family's safety as well. They will meet each other as time passed by, but will their love for each other stay the same?

Please support these stories💓💓💓💓

Please vote and comment💓💓💓