Chapter 32

Bianca's POV

"Hi Brent."

"Yes, my queen?"

"Can you please come with me to a ball? It's a fund raising event para may malikom kaming pera para sa medical mission." I hopefully asked.

"Sure. When will it be?" He asked.

"Umm, this week, Saturday night, 10pm." I shrugged my shoulders.

It took him, like, 30 seconds before answering. "Hindi ako makakapunta. Sorry, babawi na lang ako."

"Is that so?" May pagtataka kong tanong.

He's always been very supportive to me and he never let me go to a ball or event without any date. Parang may mali sa kanya, o baka naman busy lang siya.

"Yes. I promise, babawi na lang ako." Then he made a kiss sound. "I have to go now."

Without a word, I decided to drop the call.

"Everything okay?" Inigo came out of nowhere.

"Hey." I forced a smile.

"What's up?" He asked before seating beside me.

"Do you already have a date for the ball?" I asked, hoping he'll say no.

"Yes." He forced a smile.

I smiled, well disappointedly. "So, I guess I'll have to go to the ball alone." I shrugged my shoulders.

I looked at the ground and silently sighed.

"Wait, let me call her. She might have changed her mind." He said before standing up and taking put his phone.

"Who'll you call? Your date?" I asked in confusion.

"Why not?" Said Inigo.

I stood up all of a sudden and tried to snatch his phone away from him, but he already dialed the girl's number and told her she shouldn't go if she doesn't want to.

"Just tell me okay?" He said before dropping the call.

"You shouldn't have done that!" I hit him in the arm.

"Relax. She's not a doctor like us, so she doesn't really need to go to the ball." He smiled.

"You're an asshole!" I unbelievably sighed. He's very nice to me.

[Saturday Night]

"Iñigo!" A middle-aged man called Inigo.

Inigo quickly went to him, dragging my hand.

"Dr. Higgins. Nice to see you again." He laughed.

"We just saw each other in the parking lot!" The man laughed as well. "Who's this fine lady with you?"

"Oh," he gently pushed me to present me. "this is Dr. Travis. My girlfriend." He smiled.

I kept a gasp to myself and forcefully smiled in front of the man. But my hand is at the back and my fingers pinched Inigo's arm.

"I guess she's not comfortable here already. So, see you later then?" The man took a glass of wine from the table.

"Yes, of course, sir." I can imagine Inigo smiling.

We both walked to our table after the man sat on his chair.

"You!" Nanggigigil kong sabi.

He laughed and bent to my ear. "A lot will flirt with you here and I just wanna protect you."