Chapter 25

Brent's POV

I was pulling my luggage with my secretary by my side. I just arrived from New York.

"I'm sorry sir but can I please buy a bag of chocolate for my niece?" She asked when we crossed a Duty-Free shop.

I gave her a smile and said, "Yes.". I've never been a monster boss, so you'll love working with me. I sat on a nearby bench while waiting for her. I felt someone sat beside me but I didn't bother to look who he or she is.

"Brent..." I heard a familar girl voice call me. It came from my side. I nervously looked at her not wanting to see who it is.

"Eclaire." I manage to mask my shock with stoic face.

"Please let's talk." She begged and held my hand.

"There's nothing we should talk about." I emotionlessl said. There's really nothing for us to talk about. I'm done with her stupidity, bratiness, lies and her being so immature.

"Please Brent, I won't leave." She said, still begging.

I stood up when I saw my secretary walk out of the store. I felt a hand tug my arm. I look at Eclaire and narrowed my eyes on her. She pulled my arm down but I pulled it up.

"Please just go." I said, tired of her being a big brat.

"Is she the one? The one you left me for?" She narrowed her eyes as well.

I let out a sigh, making sure she'll hear it.

I stood up and looked at her. "Leave. Now." I authoritatively said.

She stood up with confidence and walk towards my secretary. I know what she's up to. She was about to hit her but I quickly grabbed both of her hands and dragged her out. I turned her to me and she gave me a glare. Well, she can glare me to her death, and I don't care. I looked at the sky and tried to calm myself.

"Siya, siya ba ang pinalit mo sa akin?!" She pointed somewhere. "How cheap of you! She's a cheap woman, Brent. You can have someone like me, you can have me."

Now, she's desperate. I took a very deep breathe and a long exhale. She punched me in the chest but I didn't care. I took her wrists and looked at her. I'm managing not to show her how much I hate her right now. "Hindi, Eclaire. Hindi." I calmed down. "Won't you stop, Eclaire?! Can't you grow up?! Can't you be mature enough?! Please, tigilan mo na ako." I can no longer hold my anger.

She stomped her foot. "I won't stop searching for that girl." She pointed her finger at me. "Remember this, I will make her leave you!" She stormed off and walked to her car.

Before she enter it, she turned around to me and looked at me. ''I'll never let you be happy, Brent. Hinding hindi dahil iniwan mo ako! You left me because of your f****** plan! Now I will make your woman hate you to death.''

I got scared for Bianca. I knew her well enough. She'll do everything and anything to get what she wants. Whether in a good way, or a bad way. She's stubborn and a brat. I can't sometimes handle her, her family can't even do so.

Fears of Bianca getting hurt flooded my brain. Eclaire is a sick woman! I'm afraid of what she might do to Bianca, what she might say. We're just starting our relationship and she might just ruin it. I believe that Bianca trusts me but I can't help to worry. She's a liar. She's a big liar and I'm scared Bianca will believe lies from her.

She will do anything to ruin her enemies. She always make them suffer. She never failed to make their lives hell. And I'm scared she'll do the same with Bianca. She'll use everything to make that happen, her family's name, their family business, her being well-known in the field of business, and her connections.

I silently prayed for it not to happen. Alam kong mahahanap niya kaagad si Bianca. She has connections, remember?

I drove home and contacted Bianca. She just won't pick up! I'm getting paranoid and negative thoughts came running through my head.

Bianca's POV

Brent, gosh! He just called me like a thousand times and sent me like a million messages.

"Enjoying it?" Iñigo asked. Oh, nandito pala kami sa isang Frech restaurant.

I smiled at him. "Why not? What made you ask?"

"You don't look okay. Are you thinking of something?" He asked me.

I blinked my eyes and looked at him, smiling. "I'm okay, Dr. Ace. I just, I'm..."

Napapansin ko na yun. Matagal na. I've been really observant when he first started to show signs, signs that he might like me.

I used what I learned from college when I was still taking Psychiatry. He is positive of the most of it. Meaning, he really might like me.

"I don't want to be awkward with you, but," I looked at him. "do you like me?"

He smiled as his dark eyes lighten. "Yes." He smiled even wider.

I smiled but just for a show. My fingers tap and fidget on my thighs as I think of a way to say that I don't feel the same way and I already have someone. I never tried to turn a person down in my whole life! I noticed him look at me with worry and concern.

He tuck a few strands of my hair behind my ear to get my attention. I looked at him. "Hey, it's okay. I don't assume you'll love me back, or even like me back." He smiled, but that smile is a sad smile, no matter how hard he tries to hide it, it just shows.

I looked at him and cupped his face. He's my friend and he has to know that I will always be his friend. "Sorry. You're still my friend, right? And I'm still your friend no matter what." Then I pinched his cheek playfully. This might sound annoying and dramatic, but I'm keeping my tears at bay. My tears making my eyes look shiny because of the lights here, I just know.

We ended the dinner nice and not-so-awkward. We cleared each other's feelings. I know he's still hurt and it makes me feel guilty.

Brent's POV

"Sir, may nag-iwan po nito sa guard na mensahero." She handed me a medium white envelope. "Para sa inyo po sir." Sabi niya.

I took it from her and she left. I found my name written there and  my address. I opened it and found photos. Photos of Bianca.

I took a closer look and saw her cupping a face of a man. She was smiling at him and her eyes seem to sparkle. My hands crumpled the photo and I angrily threw it somewhere. I took the other photos and they are just like the one I crumpled and threw. I teared all of them into pieces and put them back to the envelope. I saw a note attached inside of it. I took it and read what was written on it.

'Leave her, Brent. She's a bitch.' -Love, E.

Eclaire.

🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸

Hi there!!!!

Please read my published stories, The Twin Sister, Die and Stay Alive (Death High) and When Stars Collide (sorry but this story is NO LONGER PUBLISHED).

The Twin Sister's story revolves around a girl who had a dark past and is trying to find someone to be with. Till she found someone. She found them. This is may be good for mystery-readers.

Die and Stay Alive (Death High), a story about a girl who entered a very competitive school filled with competitive students. Here she was killed in a very brutal way. Little did they know she had a twin sister, a sister who is ready to make her sister's killers pay.

When Stars Collide, a story about a girl who left her man for her family's safety and for her man's family's safety as well. They will meet each other as time passed by, but will their love for each other stay the same? (sorry but this story is NO LONGER PUBLISHED).

Please support these stories💓💓💓💓