Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV:

The decorations were all set up around the house by the time Dahyun came downstairs. She let out a high pitched squeal before jumping into my arms.

"I love you so much" She tightened the hug. It was getting harder and harder for me to breathe. Thankfully, she noticed.

"Ahh I'm so sorry! But thanks a bunch (y/n)" She released me. I waved her off and went to go sit on the couch. Dahyun was wearing a ball gown type of dress in a light red color. It was really shimmery and it suited her.

"I invited a couple of friends over if you don't mind" She grabbed a chip from the large variety of snacks I had set out. She opened the fridge and set out a bunch of beer and alcohol I didn't even know we had, on the table.

**********

I was upstairs in my room admiring myself in the mirror. I was wearing the long black dress with the slit in the side from the store Jungkook and I went to the other day. He seemed to really like it...

I sighed and backed away from the mirror when I heard many screams and cheers coming from downstairs. Curiously I headed down to see what was up. My eyes widened as I saw a large amount of people dancing in our living room, and some taking over the kitchen. I frantically pushed through the crowd to get to my roommate who was getting down with yet another guy I had never seen before in my life.

"I thought you said you were only going to invite a couple of people" I hissed. I hoped she had heard me considering the music was blaring from speakers all over.

"Oh c'mon lighten up" She giggled while grabbing a hold of her dance partner again.

"Should we go somewhere private?" I heard the man say. I was glaring daggers at him for attempting to try something with Dahyun.

"Kai stop it" She playfully hit his chest while shaking her head no. I mentally groaned because I honestly really disliked parties as big as this one. Especially since I didn't know anyone.

I turned away and tried my best to squeeze through the crowd back to my lovely peaceful room upstairs. I was failing miserably and all of a sudden I tripped over my dress. I bumped into the person in front of me and landed on top of him as we fell to the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" I squeaked as I heard him groan. I quickly got off of him and stood up. My heart stopped when I realized who it was.

"Jungkook?!" I breathlessly let out. He froze as he stood up and made eye contact with me.

"Oh hey" He rubbed at the back of his neck.

"What are you doing here?" I was practically yelling over the music.

"Dahyun invited us over for her party" He gestured over to the six other boys by the food table. I nodded my head and we just awkwardly stood there. I pointed upstairs.

"I'm going to be in my room, do you want to come? It's a little too loud for me" I leaned in so he could hear me better. He nodded his head faster than I had expected.

We pushed through the crowd as I led him up the stairs and into my bedroom. He shut the door behind him and let out a breath of relief.

"I hate parties" He sighed as he leaned back on the door.

"I do too" A small smile formed on my lips. He began to smile also.