Chapter 26

(Y/n)'s POV:

For the most part today went by quickly. Dahyun was currently fussing about the party we were suppose to be attending in a couple of minutes but I was still on the fence. "I don't even have a dress Dahyun!" I complained and sat down on the edge of her bed.

She threw something from her closet at me and it landed on my face. "Now you do. Hurry and go try it on we need to pick up Amber and Kai too!" She looked bewildered after checking the time. I reluctantly got up and tried on her dress. After putting it on carefully I admired myself in the mirror.

It was a short deep low cut red satin dress and after trying it on I realized it hugged me in all the right places. My makeup was light and Dahyun had straightened my hair beforehand. "Wow you almost look as good as me. Now come on!" She whistled after checking me out. I opened my mouth to protest but she grabbed my hand and tugged me towards the door.

"You never really explained to me what type of party this is." I let out an exasperated sigh. Dahyun's cocktail dress was pure white and glimmered whenever the moonlight hit it. "Well...." She nervously chuckled and quickly started up her car. "The entertainment I'm dancing at invited me to it."

My eyes widened and I tugged on the door handle but it was locked. Dahyun pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street so that I wouldn't be able to leave. "What the hell no!" I shouted loudly and looked out the window. Our house was getting farther and farther away. I faced forward again as it began to hit me. Bts was definitely going to be there. Jungkook was going to be there.

"Dahyun-"

"Hey Kai!" She cheered as we parked outside his house. Kai had on a black tux with a red rose in the front pocket of it. He entered the car smoothly and nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Looking rather spiffy." I glanced at him in the mirror.

"Don't I always?" He smirked. Amber came running from her house, which ironically was next to Kai's, and had her heels in her hand. "I'm here!" She panted after opening the car door and slamming it shut after getting inside.

"Amber you look stunning!" Kai gulped loudly, taking in her appearance. Amber quickly tidied up her hair and checked her camera. "Thanks I hope Hoseok thinks so too!" Dahyun and I mumbled an "Ouch" after how quickly Amber just shut him down. He clicked his tongue in disappointment and looked out the window the rest of the car ride.

"Hi Dahyun anyways why didn't you tell me this beforehand!" I went back to shouting. She let out a sigh as we neared a large building. "Because I knew you would say no." She sang. I fidgeted with my fingers in my lap. Some part of me was relieved to be able to see Jungkook again but the rest of me was mainly anxious.

She managed to find a parking space and one by one we got out. Amber locked arms with me on my right side and Dahyun did the same with my left side. Kai adjusted the front of his suit and slicked his hair back just a bit.

"Dahyun." My roommate told the security guard at the front, "And my friends here are accompanying me." The security guard nodded and stepped aside to let us in. The bass of the music was booming loudly and right away we were greeted with hundreds of people in one large ballroom.

A loud hip hop song was blaring and people started dancing around. This party seemed very over the top and it made sense a celebrity boy group would be here. "I'm going to go dance!" Dahyun and Amber exclaimed in unison. Kai had already started chatting with a couple of people around him.

I did the first thing that came into my mind, go to the food section. There was a variety of different snacks and desserts. They even had one of my favorites which were chocolate covered strawberries. This was the only thing comforting me at the moment as I grabbed two.