Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV:

The digital alarm clock on my bedside finally hit 2 am and here I was still lying wide awake on the guest bed at the boy groups house. I was thankful it was a Saturday because it was a day off from going to my University but a part of me wished it wasn't because I wanted to leave this house. The reason why I was wide awake was obvious, I was still hung over the whole Jimin incident. The whole situation made me feel guilty but what could I do? Jimin was a sweet guy and I was torn.

Sitting up straight, I carefully swung my feet over the side of my bed. With light footsteps, I walked over to the door.

Maybe a glass of water will help me clear my head

After a couple of steps down the hallway, I paused in front of Jungkook's room. My body was already moving before my mind could process what was going on. Softly, I opened his door up just a smidge. I blinked a couple of times to adjust to the darkness and sure enough there was Jungkook laying soundly underneath the blankets. I know I shouldn't be invading his privacy but I just didn't want to be alone.

"(Y/n)?" His groggy voice broke the silence, startling me. I assumed he had been sleeping but I must've woken him up as soon as I opened the door. My mouth opened to say something but immediately closed again. Jungkook must have noticed something was wrong.

"Jungkook..." I began carefully not knowing how he would react, "do you mind if I stay here with you for a bit?"

His eyes widened slightly in surprise. The blood was rushing to my cheeks at my blunt statement. I knew this was a bad idea, I shouldn't have said anything.

"Sure come here," He scooted further down his bed and reached over to switch on the light from the small lamp he had on his bedside. I was shocked that he would easily agree but I quickly shut the door behind me before he could change his mind.

Butterflies were creeping their way into my stomach as I slipped myself into his bed. I sat up straight and crossed my legs before taking in the sight before me. I sharply inhaled as I realized he slept shirtless.

"Sorry to have woken you up.." I sighed while fiddling with the top of his blanket. He ran a hand through his already tousled hair before laying down and putting his arms behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. It must've been a little awkward. The veins from his arms became more apparent and they sure were distracting.

"No don't be. What's up?" He hummed while closing his eyes. I knew I couldn't tell him about the whole Jimin thing, so what could I say? I observed Jungkook's soft features before carefully explaining the situation to him in a story.

"Well you see... there was this guy, let's call him Guy A, who really likes this girl- in love with her in fact," I watched as Jungkook's chest rose up and down calmly, "But the thing is the girl currently has a crush on another guy, Guy B. Guy A knows she has a crush on Guy B but he still just wanted her to know his feelings."

Jungkook opened his eyes and sat up to look at me with a curious gaze.

"I guess the girl just feels a little guilty knowing Guy A's heart must be broken." I admitted. Jungkook pursed his lips as he took in the information.

He tilted his head to the side, "Well it's not the girls fault and it's important for her to know this. She can't force herself to like someone right?"

I nodded my head in response since he was correct. It did help you feel a little better and I'm sure Jimin also knew this.

"But obviously she can't help but feel a little guilty. The fact he was encouraging her to also talk to her crush also made the situation a little more heartbreaking."