Chapter 12: First Night At Gohan's

A/N I added two paragraphs to chapter 11 if you want to read them or re-read the chapter since it isn't a long one by any means.The paragraphs are in-between "HOW IS IT?! HOW IS IT OKAY?!" and "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself".

Last Time On The Encounter:

After Gohan's murder of Hercule, Videl was furious at Gohan and asked about the dragonballs and if they could bring Hercule back when she found out she had to wait a year she wasn't exactly happy and didn't have a place to stay until Gohan made Videl an offer....an offer to live at his house!

Videl POV

"What you expect me to live at your house! For a year you expect me to live with my father's murderer! No thanks" I shouted.

"Well where else are you going to stay? I know you have the money to stay in hotels throughout this whole time but for a year it's inconvenient besides you don't have to pay rent with me, all I ask is that you do half of my chores, deal?" Gohan replied calmly.

".......*sigh* fine, I'll humour you" I replied.

We stood around for a while awkwardly.

"WELL ARE WE GOING?!" I shouted.

"I'm waiting for you to pack your stuff just put it all in a few capsules" Gohan answered.

I went up to my room in the main building and packed my bed in a capsule, my clothes and my valuables. I put them in my box of capsules with my vehicles and went back into the dojo to Gohan.

"Well I'm ready we better get off" I said to Gohan.

"Yeah alright" he replied.

We both went outside to an empty plot of land and I threw the capsule with my jet-copter inside down, a pink smoke released from the capsule with a 'poof' sound and as the smoke cleared it unveiled my jet-copter with the word 'VIDEL' wrote on the side.

I got into the pilot seat and closed my door as I gripped onto the pads.

"Are you getting in or what?!" I shouted to Gohan.

"Yeah coming!" he shouted back.

Gohan ran towards the jet-copter and opened it's other door and started to get in.

"No. In the back I don't want to talk to you" I said coldly.

With no qualms Gohan got out and shut the door and went around into the back and got in.

The rotors started moving abruptly and then was moving in a rapid speed. I pulled the pads up slightly to get off the ground and then we were flying across the land at rapid speeds.

"Um. Videl, can you remember the way to my house?" Gohan asked.

"YES! Now shut up I said I don't want to talk to you" I snapped back.

"WATCH OUT!!!" Gohan shouted.

Gohan took the pads and turned them right at great speeds as I saw we were about to crash into a skyscraper.

"Hm. You didn't have to do that, I could have handled it" I pouted.

"Jeez would a thanks hurt?" Gohan smirked.

I remained in silence and that continued throughout the duration of the flight, it was all an awkward silence throughout the full 4 hour journey.

We landed in front of Gohan's house and Chi-Chi had seen my jet-copter land and was waving at the window.

We got out of the jet-copter and I got my capsule case from out of my pocket. I searched for the capsule that belonged to my jet-copter.

'Ah #22 that's it' I pulled the capsule out of its slot and opened it which caused my jet-copter to return into pink gas which retreated back into its capsule.

I turned around and saw Chi-Chi running out of the house waving with a smile on her face.

"HEY GUYS!!! WELCOME BACK VIDEL! AND YOU YOUNG MAN!!! HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T COME BACK IN THREE DAYS?!!!" Chi Chi shouted though she was still smiling.

Chi-Chi saw us looking gloomy and the smile disappeared from her face and turned into a frown.

"W...What's the matter? What happened?" Chi Chi asked.

We all went inside and sat down on the sofa. We told her about the Cell JR (well the parts I knew about), my father's death and that I would be staying here for a year which she perfectly understood.

A tear formed in Chi-Chi's eye but only out of sympathy for me, not my father.

"Videl are you alright?" Chi Chi asked.

I started sobbing again uncontrollably after remembering Gohan clobbering my dad and seeing that side of Gohan compared to what he normally is.

"I'm sorry Videl, I'll show you up to our spare room" Chi Chi said.

We went upstairs and made a turn to the right and then took a left through a door into an empty room.

"This will be your room, I take it you brought your things in capsules?" Chi Chi said.

"Yeah, thank you Chi Chi" I said smiling.

"Good, unpack your things and have some time to yourself you'll need it and I'll see you tomorrow morning" Chi Chi said.

"Yeah" I replied.

Chi Chi walked out of the room and back downstairs, I closed the door behind her.

I took out my capsule case and took out the capsule with my bed in, I'll do the rest tomorrow but for now it was late and I need rest. I decided to place it in the corner of the room for now until I plan the rest of the room.

A pink smoke cloud filled the entirety of the room for a few seconds until it cleared and my bed was in front of me. I sat down on my new comfortable bed and then sprawled out on it for a well-deserved rest.

As I laid down on my bed, I suddenly heard shouting from what sounded like Chi-Chi scolding Gohan.

'Oh well he deserves it' I thought as I drifted off to sleep for the night, ready for what the next morning had to offer....

HOW WILL VIDEL COPE LIVING AT GOHAN'S?!

FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN THE ENCOUNTER!!!

A/N Well that's it for this chapter, I know the Hercule's death was extreme but I enjoyed writing it also fun fact if it wasn't for that scene the Cell JR arc wouldn't exist as I needed an excuse to use dragonballs what causes the year for this arc to pass you see so that arc and that scene is entirely plot induced for progress.