Chapter 39- Fulfilled But Empty

A/N Sorry it has been so long! After the last chapter on Feb 23rd I studied for exams until they ended June 15th and then the holidays.....well most of it was pure laziness and forgetfulness honestly aside from the 4 weeks I was on a program called NCS, but now I'm in college! And decided to do this whilst waiting for a mate today on Wednesdays and whilst waiting for a lesson on Thursdays so there should be a chapter weekly on Thursdays from now on!

Chapter 39- Fulfilled but Empty

Narrative POV

Gohan and Videl have started to get a grasp on their feelings, now what will come of it?

Gohan POV

I've come to a conclusion, love is what I must be feeling, it's all it could be, and I've disproved it for the longest time, never really believed it fully, always thought 'love' was simply a matter of curiosity and interest, just infatuation, after all the world is too much of a shit storm for something as pure as love to exist. Yet here it is right in front of me, can you believe it? Yet I've just watched it walk away from me, why does this always happen to me? It's fucked up a man's life can just be attacked.

I slouch downstairs and look up when I get to the bottom of the stairs to see a photo framed of me, Mom, Goten and.....Videl there she is in all her glory, the one making me feel like this. I'm just standing there, I've got nothing, absolutely nothing.

No, I'm not gonna just fucking, just fucking leave it all now. I needed to see her no matter what, it isn't going to help my scenario lazing around feeling sorry for myself, no, I need to get up and do something about it. Right Dad? That's what you would want right? To act on myself, to hold close what I love.

Something got in my head, I felt a drive, I wanted to train, no one is watching my back now, no one's really there fighting for me in the last garrison, no one except me anyway, I've got my own back until the last deeds are done, Dad can't have my back until the absolute end, he handed the role of protector over to me back then, I need to start acting like it, I will carry this weight and as protector I need to protect these feelings I hold dear too. Come on Gohan, dry your eyes, you've got this!

I flew outside firing a barrage of ki blasts that stopped in the air above Satan City, spelling out a large VIDEL in the sky, gleaming and shining over the Satan Mansion, there's no way she can miss this. The things I do for love.

I flew towards the writing and stopped as I waited for her to notice.

Videl POV

My life is fulfilled and it feels that way yet there's an overbearing sense of emptiness too since he's been gone. Like I can't breathe, I'm not moving on. Because of him I haven't strayed too far from the house.

I must admit, I love Gohan, I really do, it hurts to say and pains me to admit it but that's just the way it is, love is not a choice. For hating him I blame myself.

In love with the enemy and in love with my teacher, huh, when ya put it like that it truly does sound weird huh.

I tried so hard to be closed off from him but by the end I opened up and let him in, I didn't sleep last night, I can barely breathe, I'm barely hanging on.

I went out onto my balcony, to get some air, and right in front of me, behind these blue eyes, was my name written in ki, massive bold letters in the sky for the city to see, only one person could have done that......Gohan.

I ran downstairs and burst out the door, out of the darkness and into the sun and above me I saw a figure descending, Gohan.

A/N Sorry it's a realllll short chapter I just couldn't think of much more to put in the chapter without it going into next chapter aha.