Chapter 16: Fourth Month At Gohan's

LAST TIME ON THE ENCOUNTER: Videl was not doing too great after her spar with Gohan she suffered damage of multiple broken bones but instead of having a senzu left it as she thought it would help make her stronger. Gohan had an awkward conversation with Chi-Chi....though neither of them realised Videl heard that whole conversation from the staircase.

VIDEL POV

I'm feeling so much better now thanks to Chi-Chi but back then, that conversation with Gohan....was she serious? Me with Gohan? There's no chance that that would ever happen....right? Could that have been the reason she let me live here? So Gohan and I could....not that's not happening..surely.

Well whatever that's not happening anyway. Whatever her motives are it doesn't matter because either way my motives will succeed I will defeat Gohan. I went downstairs to go see Gohan.

"HEY GOHAN!!!" I shouted.

"Hm? Videl? What do you need?" Gohan asked.

"Sparring! Now!" I shouted.

"Sparring? Are you sure? You only just got better I think you need more rest first" Gohan said.

"Yes, of course I'm sure" I replied.

"Okay okay, I get it but why just spar?" Gohan asked.

"Hm? What do you mean "why just spar?" because I want to get stronger that's why!" I shouted.

"I feel like you're missing what strength is" Gohan said.

"Oh well teach me, wise master" I spat.

"Very well student (he chuckled), strength doesn't just come from sparring, you can spar all you want but you're not getting anywhere without the fundamentals, it's true sparring is good for testing against skilled opponents and becoming more skilled but you need to try say weights for your strength as well and run laps or something to increase speed" Gohan lectured.

"I see, I didn't even realise, sorry for my ignorance" I apologised.

"No worries, well try and up your speed and stamina" Gohan said.

"Okay well how am I going to do that?" I asked.

"Run to the bottom of the mountain and back five times" Gohan smirked.

"WHAT?! Five times!" Videl shouted.

"Yeah but don't worry I'll keep you company" Gohan said.

"Fine whatever lets get going" I said walking out the door.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Gohan called.

"Um to do the laps" I answered.

"No you aren't you're not getting off that easy" Gohan said.

"EASY?! Well what else are you gonna give me to do?" I asked.

Gohan went up to his bedroom and came back down wearing a weird looking outfit and with another one in his hands.

"Um, what's that?" I asked.

"This is what you'll wear when doing the laps" Gohan said.

"Hell no! I'm not wearing that what's so special about it anyway?" I asked.

"Put it on and you'll see" Gohan answered.

"Why should I put on such a ridiculous outfit? It's so bulky" I moaned.

"*Sigh* Just put it on" Gohan sighed.

"Hm. Fine" I muttered.

I just put it on over my current clothes and as soon as I put it on I sunk to my knees.

"The hell is this?! I feel so heavy" I said.

"Weighted clothing. Your set weighs 20KG for the top, 20KG for the trousers, 10 KG for the boots and 5KG for the gloves" Gohan answered.

"That's 55KG how are you casually walking around in one!" I shouted.

"Oh mine is much heavier than that, weighted clothes boost every part of your physical capabilities and if you can learn to walk around casually in one like me then you'll be much stronger" Gohan said.

"I see, Gohan just how much does your set weigh?" I asked.

"I think it's better if you didn't know that honestly" Gohan vaguely said.

So he thinks that if he tells me just how much he has on I'll give up huh.

"Well lets get going" Gohan said.

Gohan took off at a rapid pace already half way down the mountain.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to stand.

'How the hell does he do that in a suit like this?' I thought.

Gohan arrived back.

"Well are you coming or what?" Gohan asked.

I tried standing again but to no avail as the suit just pulled me back down.

"I can't stand up" I frowned.

"Come on Videl I know you can do it I've seen your strength use the anger you attack me with that power will let you stand up in that" Gohan said.

"Gohan...." I said.

"Yeah I noticed, don't worry about it you have every reason to be angry at me for what I did, I'm sorry Videl" Gohan said.

"Damn right I do" I said.

"Now use that power!" Gohan shouted.

"YEAH!!!" I shouted back.

I made another attempt to stand and managed to start kneeling before I fell back onto two knees. I tried again and got into a kneeling position then I pushed myself with all the force in my arm and I managed to stand up. I started taking miniature steps while wavering like a baby on their first try at walking.

"Come on Videl you can do it just try harder" Gohan shouted.

"I'm trying my best!" I shouted back.

"Hm. Alright then. I have an idea since you're so angry at me you'll probably go faster when chasing me just like you go faster in a life or death situation" Gohan said.

"Alright then" I replied.

"READY SET GO!!!" Gohan shouted.

I ran after him and he was right I was going at the pace of my normal walking pace granted it's not mastered but it's a start.

We ran up and down the hill repeatedly and of course he finished first.

"How the hell are you so damn fast? *pant* *pant*" I asked.

"Practiced" Gohan smirked.

"Haha figured" I laughed.

"I will surpass you one day" I challenged.

"Haha I look forward to seeing it" he replied.

A/N Well I hope you liked this chapter and sorry I missed Tuesday. Earlier I was thinking back on how this became a thing and it was actually an English assignment to write a short story about an encounter called The Encounter and it was quite different from this though the first chapter was very similar. After the assignment I enjoyed it so I wrote a fuller version which was different in some ways from the first and was 12 chapters long however I lost the notebook. That was almost two years ago. After my friend wrote a fanfiction I decided to get back into writing and then I made this a version with the same core but deviated from the second in a lot of ways with the only similarity being the first two chapters.