Chapter 38: The Distance

A/N Well we're back with the next arc in hand, nothing too big happening this arc, but this is the final arc of The Encounter.

Gohan POV

Honestly, it feels weird without Videl around, nagging me to get up every morning, it feels empty, like something is missing when a whole two weeks pass without teaching her how to fight every day, she feels so far away. And it's weird because it's not like I've known her for that long, It's been just over a year, about a year and two months, not the whole fifteen years of my life, I was fine without her then but now it's like I need her around else the day feels empty, not a soul I see upon waking up, not a voice I hear shouting 'GOHAN GET UP, TRAINING!!!', not a strong and warm ki I feel upon waking up, not one of her cooked breakfasts I taste upon waking up.

I walk out of my room and down the corridor, passing the room that was formerly Videl's still painted in all her colours, I took a peek inside remember what was, I went to go downstairs in order to make myself some Breakfast, Mom was still in bed, I'm up early out of what has now become a habit, I cook my breakfast and it's.....edible. But nothing like she would've done it, I had her breakfasts most mornings but they would never get old. 

I returned to my room and sprawled across my bed, thinking a little more. I couldn't quite get a hold of why it all happened, she said we would see each other again but for these two weeks, not even a text or call hell even a letter, just a little bit of nothing. I couldn't understand with all my knowledge from the countless study books why it all ended this way, after all, we had been through I thought even if she hates me we had grown a bond that couldn't be cut so easily as it now has.

It has only been two weeks since she was around and we were laughing and happy from her father being back, yet them two weeks for no specified reason that is clear to me even with all of my knowledge of the science of time from Trunks and studying , I can't find a reason for these two weeks to go by so slowly, it's like I'm back in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, two weeks become fourteen years, it went by that slowly without her and that smile around, without the warmth and soul which couldn't go unnoticed by her loudmouth.

My ears feel empty, my taste feels nullified, her room becomes abandoned like it had been left there for fourteen years, the knowledge in my mind seems to come to naught, my bond has been broken, two weeks feel like fourteen years, this is me without her around, not known her for so long yet empty without, this is me without a smile to light my day.

Videl POV

I'm loving Dad being back it brings a lot of joy to me and the hole of emptiness is starting to fill but at some point, there's a place when it stops like it can't fully fill like there's something else. Possibly Mom? But she's been gone for years even so though I could never get over her death, I made sure to visit her grave weekly even when moved at Gohan's.......

He is the reason, I've known I grew close to him over this year a while ago and tried to ignore it, saying to myself I hate him and I did but deep inside I was also quite fond of him huh, Azuma's Dream World showed me that first hand I guess. 

But I didn't think it was to this extent, not enough to have an impact on me when Dad is back. I told him that I would see him again to make him feel a little better I guess, but in actuality had no plans to do so, Daddy was back so I was content that's all that mattered to me, but now I think that's changing, I feel like I should go see him not only for him but myself too.

I had still been training, training hard, Dad gave me a gi "custom crafted by the best in the world" it is, I'm thankful but I've still been wearing the one Gohan made for me, it is special to me, this gi is the same one I pushed myself so hard in and the one with care truly put into every thread as it was handcrafted by Gohan the other one it has care in it but only the type of "this is a gift for Mr Satan's daughter we have to make this perfect" care, I've been keeping my current strength from Dad, I've felt like telling him many times but I feel like he would think it's strange, he'd either be scared or to stop "playing with tricks", god forbid he ever saw what Gohan is capable of his mind would be completely blown haha.....there he is again, my thoughts just keep going back to Gohan.

Gohan, he said he had been fighting for his life from a young age to get that strength, I wonder what it was like, what did he exactly have to go through, what are them golden haired forms especially that burst of rage he had as I was dying that cold look in his eyes and the tremendous power and force, what is that, it hadn't even been that long from between my death and my revival, he must've finished Kita off quickly, just how powerful was he?

And his eyes as I was dying he was genuinely deeply upset, enough to become that powerful, I can never be that strong but that's okay, I don't want to be, I just want to be able to do whatever I can to aid him, but I will continue to grow stronger......under him.