Chapter 29: Gohan's Injury

A/N Sorry it's been so long guys but hey special treat, this whole arc on the same day! I missed six weeks (at the time of writing) so to make up for it, Ima just write the entirety of this arc.

Gohan POV

I came to, with a massive headache and my whole body in agony, I tried getting up but the pain was too much and decided to just lay back down, in the bed, I looked around and it seemed I was in the capsule house, I looked at the clock and it was two pm. Videl walked in through the doorway, she looked shocked for a moment when looking at me.

"You're awake!" Videl gasped.

"Yeah, why are you so shocked? What happened? How long was I out?" I said, rather confused.

"Well shortly after the battle with Nishi, you fainted, I think you were still affected by Nishi's attack a little although it didn't do any more damage, the damage that was already done seemed to have taken effect on your exhausted body, you were out for four days, honestly with your state I'm surprised you're staying conscious nevermind waking in the first place" Videl explained.

"I see, thanks, Videl," I said as I started to get up.

"Arrgggh" I grunted, damn that hurt, my rib felt like it had just been impaled all over again with a sharp shiver going through my whole body.

"Sit still, I'll go get you some food to eat," Videl said as she exited the room.

Videl POV

What in the actual hell is he thinking, trying to get up in that state?

I cook some food, ten minutes later, it had done, I put the sausages, egg, beans, toast and bacon on a plate and put that on a tray and brought it up to him, of course, the first thing I saw was him trying to get up, he's so stubborn but I guess that'a one of his qualities.

"Just sit still and eat up, why do you want to get up so bad anyway, I would jump at the chance to lay in bed," I said.

"What you would rather lay in bed with a broken body then stand up?" Gohan asked.

"Well, IT'S BETTER THAN WALKING ON IT!" I shouted.

"Sure sure," Gohan said as he gobbled down his breakfast in what seemed to the normal human eye one move.

"Anyway don't just dodge my question, why do you want to get up so bad?" I asked.

"Well we need to collect the dragonballs, I can't be dragging you down in reviving your Dad just because I'm a little injured" Gohan explained.

My eyes widened in shock but then I just smiled, after all, it was so like him, putting everyone else before himself.

"Don't worry about that when you're in terrible condition yourself, honestly just focus on your own healing for a little while, okay?" I told him.

"Yeah sure, I need some rest anyway" Gohan replied.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Been better. Much better. My head is pounding, my ribs feel impaled, my legs are numb and the rest of my body well it just feels weird like a tingly feeling, especially in the back. So yeah I feel awful, you?"

"Certainly better off than you, I'm fine thanks, after all, I'm not the person laid in bed and unable to get up, seriously you're stubborn and careless, you know that? Of course, you don't, I don't know why I bother" I lectured him.

"Of course I do but hey that stubbornness is what kept you safe so it was worth it now wasn't it, after all, you need to make it to your dad, if anything happened to me then there's always two wishes or next year so I'm fine besides I'd get to see Dad."

"You're a complete idiot, aren't you," I told him.

"Hm. Could've sworn my grades were quite good" Gohan said.

"Oh shut up, that's not what I meant" I rebutted.

"I know, I'm just teasing haha," Gohan said.

I exited the room and went to watch a little TV, after all, it seems like today will be another chill day, Gohan can't go anywhere and if I went on my own, I don't think I would be able to defeat the Guardian that laid there.

The program ended and I decided to go to sleep, the night was getting on, first though, I should check on Gohan, knowing him though, he's probably meditating or something along those lines.

I walked in and to my surprise, he was sparked, fast asleep and snoring obnoxiously, which put a nice smile on my face, I left the room and quietly closed the door behind me and went back downstairs to sleep on the sofa.

I woke up in the morning and yawned loudly, I laid down for a few minutes before actually getting up and out of bed. I went into the kitchen to cook some breakfast for both me and Gohan, once done I took it into Gohan's room to eat with him.

I walked into his room and it had seemed like he had just woken up himself as he looked tired.

"How are you this morning?" I asked.

"Still bad" he answered.

We both ate our food quickly and I was about to take our plates downstairs.

"Videl, can you do me a favour?" Gohan asked.

"Umm, yeah sure, Gohan, what is it?" I asked surprised as he never usually asks anything of me.

"Honestly I don't see myself recovering for at least a week, however there is a bean that heals people immediately called senzu beans, you can only get them in one place though, Korin Tower, it's quite a distance from here, you will have to fly in the jet-copter, but once you get there, land and climb up the tower as Korin won't let you to go in a jet-copter, at your current strength the climb should only take around half an hour. Once you're up there you'll see a small white cat with a stick in hand and probably a fat samurai, the cat is Korin, tell him that I sent you and that I need senzu beans, make sure to get more then one, just in case we get beaten badly in battle" Gohan said.

"Alright, but well uhhh.....I don't know where it is" I replied.

"Oh, of course, can you get me a pencil and paper?" Gohan asked.

"Yeah sure" I replied.

I took the plates downstairs and went back up with the pencil and paper. I passed them to him and started to draw what seemed like a map, ten minutes he had drawn a rather detailed map for me to follow"

"So this circle here, is here, and the X is Korin, the dot here is a city as shown in the key to the left, you can use that to know how close you are and to make sure you're going in the right direction, just follow that and you should get there safely" Gohan said.

"Alright, I'll be right back, you rest up," I said as I ran out downstairs, out of the door and into the Jet-Copter.

I flew for a few hours and I could see this town that was marked on the map so I'm definitely going in the right direction.

The dragon radar all of a sudden started beeping violently. I looked at it and it seemed a Dragonball was rushing for me quickly.

'Oh no, it's one of them' I thought as I realised it was one of the Guardians.

I landed the Jet-Copter to ground quickly and put it back in its capsule as I didn't want them destroying the Jet-Copter.

A sudden crash erupted on the ground causing a crater with smoke coming out of it, the smoke cleared to reveal a female with long dark hair and dark clothes.

"I'm Minami, the South Guardian,"