Chapter 17: Fifth Month At Gohan's

LAST TIME ON THE ENCOUNTER: Gohan said Videl should move on from training by just sparring and decided that she should work on other attributes and so she worked on her speed and stamina by running up and down the mountain five times but not in any normal gear.....in weighted clothing! This proved to be a challenge for Videl to even stand in however with her hatred for Gohan she managed to stand and tried running with it what was normal walking pace but it was progress and they got the laps done.

VIDEL POV

I can't believe it's already been five months since I moved here....time flies huh? Honestly I've hated being around him so much but really I have been enjoying his training. He's a prick but he sure is a great trainer.

Speaking of training, I wonder what's next in this new training regimen? Well I'm about ready for some training, I should ask.

"GOHAAAAANNN!!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

A sleepy Gohan stumbled into my room.

"What is it Videl? It's 6am I'm tired you know *yawn*" Gohan said sleepily.

"I'm ready for some training , what's next?" I said optimistically.

"Training? Why training at this time? *yawn*" Gohan yawned.

"Because I said so" I answered.

"Fine but because of this I'm not going easy on you" Gohan said.

"Easy on me? You mean we're sparring again?" I asked.

"No just in terms of your weights" Gohan answered.

"Weights....really?" I asked astonished by something so basic from him.

"Yes weights may be simplistic but they're effective and don't worry you won't be lifting any normal weights" Gohan said.

"What do you mean no normal weights? Like weird shape?" I asked.

"No just a LOT heavier than normal" Gohan answered.

"Oh makes sense" I answered.

"Follow me" Gohan said.

"Okaay" I said.

We went downstairs and into the cellar.

"It's dark" I said as I couldn't see a thing.

"Right, I'll go get a lamp" Gohan said.

Gohan went upstairs as I heard his footsteps creak above me.

"AAAAAAHHH" I yelped.

"Ow I tripped over something" I moaned.

"VIDEL! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I heard Gohan shout.

Gohan rushed downstairs and picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs.

"Are you alright? Do you want to leave training for another day?" Gohan asked.

"I'm fine it's just a graze" I replied.

"Just a graze?" Gohan said in a questioned tone.

Gohan looked at my ankle and his eyes widened.

"JUST A GRAZE?! Videl that's swollen!"he shouted.

"It's fine, why do you care anyway?" I spat.

"Because I care about what happens to you Videl! I'd be sad if something would happen to you" Gohan sulked.

My eyes widened when he said that.

"Now I'll go get that lamp" Gohan said.

'Why am I suprised? Of course he does. He always has. What happens to my Dad was an accident and I hate him for it. But that doesn't mean he hates me I see now that's why he is like he is with that smile, it's not him being cocky, it's his kindness' I thought.