two

two

After getting some rest that night, I decided to tell my mom that I'm gay before I post it on social media. I at least needed to know if my mom accepted me, even if I didn't accept myself.

I walk down the hallway to smell the nice aroma of pancakes. I smile and head to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning, ma." I greet my mother as she sets the stack of pancakes on the dining table.

"Hey, Jelly Bean, good morning. Funny seeing you up so early, you're usually up on the weekends at 2pm.." She says, chuckling.
I sit down a bit nervously after she gives me her attention.

"Ha, true... But I have to tell you something." I say, butterflies roaming around my stomach.

"Alright," Mom says and sits down across from me. "What's up?"

"So, the thing is... I'm gay." I reply slowly, sighing after getting the words out.

"Oh," She says, then smiles. "Well honey, that's great!"

I was shocked at her words.  What? I wonder.

"R-really?" I ask, nervously.

"Yeah! No matter what, you're still my daughter and I love you endlessly no matter what. God has always told us to treat every one equally! Religion, sexuality, language...No matter what, we're all human!" She exclaims.

I thought God said that man and woman were supposed to marry, but okay. I call to my mind for a second.

I sigh of relief. "Thanks ma!" I say and hug her over the table.

"Awh, no problem, I love you to the moon and back!" Mom rubs my back and we settle down to start eating.

That's when my sister, Eva, had walked to the kitchen, seeing us both smiling a bit when we looked up at her.

"What did I miss out on?" Eva asked suprised at the scenery.

"Oh nothing, Evangeline! Your sister has just came out to me as gay." Mom smiles even more.

"Oh yay! Come 'ere, little sister!" Eva wraps her arms around me. "I will always accept you!"

I wish I could same the same about myself, I desire.

"Thanks," I fake smile and finish eating, which didn't go the best, because everything tasted bland now.

I thought that conversation was supposed to make me feel better.

************************

After an hour, I decided to come out on Instagram. I click the "+" sign and picked a rainbow picture with the words "I'm gay,  I'm gay, I'm hella gay" (the multimeida) on them. That counted as coming out, right?

I then chose the caption..
"Been wanting to tell you guys since yesterday 💞 Hope y'all accept me 🌈"

And hesitantly clicked "Share".

After a few minutes, it already had 40 likes. Damn, didn't know I knew that many people.

The first comment was Nick.

@nickdominates Slayy queen, welcome to the lgbt community !!

I smile a bit at the comment, even though I didn't want to be apart of the community. It just didn't feel humanly right.

A few more comments came in from classmates, and my other 2 best friends, Alyssa and Grace commented some nerve wracking things.

@llyssa ha ha it was kind of obvious, but i still love you best fren ✨

@graceejacoldine i mean, everyone kind of knew before you but thanks for telling us 😂😂💖

Everyone knew? I puzzle over.

Maybe I shouldn't think too much about their comments, I mean, I acted gay so I guess that made it obvious. But I didn't really mean to act like that.

But, just as I was about to drift off into a nap, my phone beep, and it was an Instagram alert.

My heart almost dropped.

@whosjade awwh how cute, love the picture. Maybe now that you know you're gay, we could do gay ass things together ;)) x

Jade Parker, my crush for the entire school year, knew that I existed? And wanted to do gay things with me?? What does this even mean? I mean, like, she's fucking perfect and I'm me. Why would she comment on my post?

I got this excited feeling and I nearly passed out.

I finally reply to her.

@itssjanelle @whosjade lmao yeah we could do anything you want bbg 😻😂

I kind of regretted putting the cat emoji, but too late, it was already sent.

As gross as I felt, I was actually kind of flattered by Jade's comment though.

Man, this would be one hell of a year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: ayy published 2 days in a row how 'bou that
The names Grace and Alyssa are dedicated to my friends woahsmoll and shortbaka so np hoes

I'm going to be out of town for Easter, but I'll try to make a filter over the weekend.

thanks for reading hoes 💋

-keira

Word Count: 787