seven

seven

The next morning, I wake up with my eyes red and droopy. I sit and stare at the ceiling for a good 5 minutes thinking "Do I really need an education?" until I finally pull my blankets off of me and do my morning routine.

I walk down to the hallway to see an impatient Alyssa and Grace sitting on my couch.

"How did you guys even get in?" I ask them, snapping them out of their phone spells.

"Well, shit, good morning to you." Alyssa mutters, turning her phone off.

"Morning, Janelle. Eva let us in 20 minutes ago." Grace explained, smiling at me.

"Hm, oh, well sorry for the wait. Let's go." I say, signaling for them to get up.

Alyssa lets out what sounds like a huff, and gets off my couch with attitude.

We reach my car and all I hear is Alyssa slamming the car door and plopping onto the seat like she runs the place.

"Um, Alyssa, are you okay?" I ask her, looking back to see her have a bored expression on her face.

"Yeah." Is all she says with no emotion, and plugs in her headphones.

"She okay?" I whisper to Grace, as I pull out of the driveway.

"Hm, she wasn't being a bitch until we got here. I don't know." Grace shrugs her shoulders, and looks out the window.

What the fuck did I do? I think.

We arrive to the school in awkward silence, and as soon as I park, Alyssa hops out my car and runs to the school.

"You sure she's okay?" I turn to look at Grace, who's gathering her things.

"Actually, um no." She just shrugs again and walks off.

I sigh and roll my eyes, a bit worried about them. Was I not talking to them enough?

Nick, luckily, didn't seem bothered by anything. Just his usual cheery self.

"Hey, bitch!" He greets me in a whisper, as we take our seats in first period.

--- Time Warp to Lunch ---

I hadn't seen Jade all day, so I DMed her at lunch.

Janelle
lmao u ok

Jade
yup, i had to stay home because I went to bed hella late and overslept rip

Janelle
daww see you tmrw then 💞

Jade
kay have a good lunch qt :)

"Janelle! Did you fucking hear me?" Alyssa exclaims, making me look away from my phone.

"Oh, sorry." I turn off my phone. "I was texting Jade-"

"You're always texting fucking Jade. For fucks sake, can y'all leave each other alone for 3 minutes so I can have my best friend back?" Alyssa rolls her eyes, and Grace and Nick just sit there, trying not to butt in. I couldn't blame them.

"Woah, what the hell happening to you? Who woke you up on the wrong side of the bed, bitch?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Don't call me a bitch, Janelle." Alyssa warned. "You're acting so much different ever since you got your first girlfriend."

Girlfriend? Hell no. I think.

This is ridiculous, just yesterday I seen her in the hallway and she was completely fine. Now she's bitching about me and Jade's nonexistent relationship?

"Um, me and Jade are not dating." I start off. "And that does not give you the right to start acting like a bitch because you're jealous or something."

Nick and Grace look at each other with jaws dropped.

What the fuck am I saying? I think.

"I'm not jealous of your shitty relationship that started over an Instagram comment! Once you stop acting like you're not the shit, and actually want to reply to my messages, hit me up, bitch." Alyssa exclaims, stomping away from the lunch table.

A few seconds of silence passes until Nick finally speaks up. "Well. What the fuck was that?"

I sigh. "I have no idea where her outburst came from."

"Maybe because you didn't talk to us that much since you and Jade started talking." Grace mutters,  looking down at the table.

"What are you talking about? I went to Girls Day!" I say, completely confused.

"Janelle, you were zoned out the entire time, you can't lie about that." Nick admits.

Well, now that I had thought about it, I was completely zoned out at Girls Day. But how was I to tell them I felt like I wanted to be straight?

"I just.." I sigh and look at them. "It's hard to explain."

"Well, when you want to explain, you can talk to us. We still love you, but we gotta go comfort Alyssa." Grace shrugs, and walks with Nick from the table.

I slam my head down, and just think for the rest of the lunch period.

It's all your fault! One side of my mind thinks.

No, Janelle needs time. The other side argues back, giving me a mental headache.

If she wasn't gay, she would have friends still! The first side thinks back.

She does have friends. Leave Janelle alone. The other side simply says.

The funny thing was that the good side said nothing good about being gay, though.

What if there was nothing good about being gay?

-----

a/n: filler cause y'all on a roll telling me to update.

also my friend Sophie made the new cover, i love it so much so thanks to her.

and woah slow down alyssa what are you even doing

Word Count: 900