twenty six

twenty six

3 months later...

The months went by as my friend group, Jade and I got closer. Specifically, Jade and I. Sure, she and Kate became good friends with my friends, but Jade and I were on more than just a 'friendly' level.

Alyssa was right about Jade and I, we had become friends with benefits. We spent days cuddling and kissing, others going on dates and flirting. The most logical explanation I could come up with was that both of us were too afraid to ask the other out.

That was going to change on May 20th, 2017, the day of Eva's graduation party. I was going to ask her out.

Eva's graduation was on the Friday before the 20th, yet our mom wanted to make the party afterwards, I guess as a going away party.

School had ended that Thursday, and our state exam scores got back, and luckily, I passed.

Everything was going great, all I needed to happen was for Jade to say 'yes' at the party.

That morning, I was scrolling through Fall Out Boy's Instagram, confused yet excited for the new album, M A N I A, that was being released in September. Their new song, Young and Menace, wasn't quite like their old music, but it was still an extraordinarly good song.

"Oops, I did it again, I forgot what I was losing my mind about,"  I sung along with Patrick, "I only wrote, this down to make you press rewind, sending the message that I was young and a menace!"

"I-I'm a menace! I'm a men- I'm a men- I'm a menace, babe!"  I shrieked, not even caring that I sounded like a wild chimpanzee. Yet, before I could finish on with my horrid screaming, my mom bursted into my room, and I quickly paused my music.

"Are you okay?" She asked, with a concerned look on her face. "I heard you screaming about you being a menace, so I assumed you were going insane."

"No, Ma'," I chuckle, clearing my throat, "It was Fall Out Boy's new song, Young and Menace."

"Oh! Thank goodness. But, please," She sighed in relief, "sing something in your vocal range. I don't want to have to come in here, thinking you're- like- dying, but turns out it's Panic! At The Disco's new song."

"Alright, Ma'," I laugh, as she slowly closes the door.

"Oh!" My mom popped back up, "The party starts in, like, 5 hours. I suggest you invite your friends beforehand so you can find them,  before a bunch of senior graduates crowd the house."

"I'll look into that," I joke, "I'll make sure to have them come before I can't find them in the mix of giant seniors."

"Whatever makes you happy," She mumbled, smiling and closed my door.

After she left, I quickly grabbed my phone and texting my groupchat.

Best Friends 😛💞
Janelle: Losers
Lyssa💕: You called
Janelle: lmfao yes
Grace❤: what do you want im trying to sleep
Janelle: come over & you can sleep at my house
Nicky😂: bitch what are you on it's 10am
Queen💗: the hell do y'all waaant
Janelle: jADEEEE
Queen💗: what
Janelle: come over our friends are pussies :(((
Queen💗: can't, I'm at the mall w kate
Janelle: why at 10am
Queen💗: 🅱 idfk
Janelle: deadass breaking up w you
Queen💗: we aren't dating
Janelle: not yET
Queen💗: o h ;')
Janelle: ;'))
Grace❤: SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP
Janelle: go to sleep
Grace❤: I'm coming over tho
Janelle: rEALLY
Grace❤: open the door
Janelle: i thot i gave everyone a key
Grace❤: i forgot it lmAo
Janelle: smfh ok coming