epilogue

epilogue

5 years later......
June 30th, 2022

"Nick, wake your fat ass up!" I yelled to Nick, who was still sleeping at 1 in the afternoon. "We aren't teenagers anymore! We're 22 and we have jobs now!"

Even after at least 9 years of our meeting in 7th grade, Grace, Nick, Alyssa and I were the best of friends, who lived together after college.

We all worked different jobs, and ended up making enough money in just a few weeks to buy a 7 bedroom, 6.5 bathroom house in Manhattan. 

Grace had decided to work as an author on Wattpad, her books had done so well that Wattpad signed her and she was able to make money off of them. Months later, her books had been published and went on the #1 bestseller list for New York Times Magazine.

Being inspired by her favorite musicians of the 60's, Alyssa decided to become a classic rock artist. After putting her beautiful vocals and talent with instruments to work on YouTube, she was signed by RCA records, a very big record label help with many artists such as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Elvis Presley, and several more. Alyssa has made a very big following from classic rock fans everywhere, but the whereabouts of our address has stayed private for several years now.

Nick went on to persue a career in YouTube, with his channel NickDominates, hitting 6 million subscribers in 4 years. He decided to make a gaming channel, making more than $10,000 monthly. He uploaded 5 days a week, which was still enough to bring a lot of money for the house.

I'd decided to open an LGBT+ company, named LGBeYouT+. The company is based on several LGBT+ related things, such as; pride parade organizations, LGBT+ Youth hotlines, pride clothing, accessories, flags and much more can be found on the website. The company has gained much publicity, due to all of the house guests promoting and publicizing it often.

Jade and I departed ways in the last semester of senior year, due to long distance relationships were going to be too hard to manage in college. I dated very few people after that. Kate, being Jade's best friend, lost contact with all of us after it had been announced Jade and I broke up. Jade and I haven't contacted each other since 2019.

We all were very happy with our living states, and I couldn't have asked for it any other way.

"Janelle!" Nick whined, pulling his comforter back over him, "5 more minutes, please?" He gave me huge puppy dog eyes, quivering his lip.

I gave him a death glare, walking out of his room, "No, you said that an hour ago!"

Nick groaned loudly, finally leaving his bedroom, grabbing his phone from off the charger and walking down the stairs with me.

"Where even is every one?" He asked, looking around, "It's so quiet."

"Grace took Jeanie to daycare already," I told him, brewing coffee in the maker. Jeanie was Grace's daughter, who had recently turned 3 years old. Grace's ex boyfriend, Sebastian- whom was Eva's longtime best friend-, was the baby daddy, but didn't want much to do with his child. "And Alyssa is at the label, which is about a 40 minute drive, excluding traffic, so I had her wake up earlier than usual so she wouldn't miss her meeting."

"Wow, okay," Nick looked taken aback. I looked up at him in confusion, pouring some coffee in my mug. "You're, like, the sorority mother of the house."