twenty

twenty

I woke up at 6:30 AM in the same clothes as yesterday. My hair was everywhere and my phone wasn't charged. I was also really fucking hungry. Looks like I fell asleep crying.

I walk into the bathroom, and I nearly scream at what I see in the mirror. "What in tarnation?" I looked a mess. My eyes were puffy, my nose was red, and my hair looked like I washed it with sewer water. I basically looked awful. I decide to just hop in the shower.

I strip off my clothes, and the hot shower water meets my exposed skin. I closed my eyes, relaxing a little in the water. It felt good, I had been so stressed for so long.

After my shower, I did my daily routine. I didn't look as decent as I did on a daily basis, but it was only school. I didn't need to impress anyone.

I had about 40 minutes left, so I put my phone on airplane mode and plugged it up. I thank Google for that lifehack to make it charge faster.

I walk into the kitchen, and I make myself a cup of coffee and grab a granola bar. I didn't have enough energy to make breakfast.

Just as I got the last granola bar from the box, I hear Eva walk down the hallway and into the kitchen. I'm almost hesitant to hide in the pantry, since I knew she heard me last night, but I just stood there.

"'Morning." She says, grabbing a pop tart from on the top of the fridge.

"Hey." I say quickly, shifting my attention back to my granola bar. My hands starts to tremble for some odd reason, and as I rip the package open, the entire granola bar slams to the floor.

"Shit!" I mumble, quickly throwing the paper and my breakfast away. I wash my hands quickly, drying them in almost 2 seconds.

Eva just stood there watching me from the island. I look up at her, and her neutral face expression changes to concern. I quickly look back down, grabbing my coffee and going to my room to retrieve my phone. I then head to the front door. I wanted this awkward silence to end.

"Can I ride with you?" She asks, and I stop in my tracks. I knew she was probably going to ask questions, and I didn't want to talk. But, I couldn't say no to her.

"Yeah, sure." I say, continuing to walk to the front door, as I hear her grab her things.

I waste no time to go to my car, and immediately connect my phone to the AUX cord. I turn on my morning playlist, which consisted of the Virtues and Vices album. I listened to Panic! all the time, though, so it wasn't really a morning playlist anymore.

Eva arrives about a minute later, and as she closes the door, I drive out of the driveway. I had no idea why I was in such a rush, and why my hands were trembling so much, but it didn't really matter at the moment.

"Are you okay?" Eva breaks the silence, looking in my direction.

"Just peachy," I put my coffee cup to my face, and keep my eyes on the street.

"Huh," Eva looks at me in a doubtful manner, "You're in such a rush and your hands won't stop shaking. Maybe cut loose on the coffee, eh?"

I shrug. "You's must be seeing things. I'm fine."

Eva cracks up at my use of the word 'you's. Our family wasn't from New York, but anytime I was really hype, I'd accidentally use the slang. "You're using North 'York talk," she starts laughing and clapping again, "Seriously, c-cut down on the coffee, kid."

I roll my eyes, putting the cup down. "It was an accident."

"Y'know I don't get it," She says after she's done laughing, "Is that none of your friends have a New York accent."