fourteen

fourteen

Day 4 - Apologize to anyone that you went off on for telling that you're a a "faggot that should go to hell" because they were right all alone

I wasn't so sure about completing the rest of the days, but I only had one more day left. What was I to lose?

I quickly examined my weekly planner, checking for the next day. This one would be the hardest.

Of course, there were many people that were against me. I just could tell by the looks I got. I didn't know their names, but they surely knew mine.

It'd be hard trying to find everyone that I've ever encountered about my sexuality. It was a big school. But my- sudden- determination was bigger.

I rubbed my thumb against the soft paper and stood from my desk, ready to start the day.

At least I think I was.

*********

First period Math was my most awkward period, as for Nick sat right next to me. It was crazy how I'd been able to avoid eye contact with him, and if we made eye contact, we both looked away instantly.

I searched the classroom for any people I knew that was against me, and I found one girl that always whispered about me in the library. I ripped a small piece of paper off my notebook, and wrote a quick letter;

Hi, I know you constantly talk about me in the library because of me being gay and I want to let you know I'm not mad. I know once I rolled my eyes at you and nearly flicked you off but it was out of anger. you were right about me, I'm sorry about our rude encounters.
♡ janelle

I rolled it, and tapped Nick's shoulder. He looked at me as if I was just another classmate, which stung for a minute, but I shook it off.

"Pass this to that girl in front of you." I whisper, handing him the paper, and looking back at the teacher.

After minutes, she replied on the back side.

hi. im sorry about my rudeness towards you. and it's fine :)
- kc

I give a smile her way, and crumble up the paper. Today would be fine, just fine.

~

Lunch Time

Having nothing better to do, I do more apologizing at lunch. I brought a granola bar with me in case I got hungry.

My first 3 periods were great, I apologized to a couple of people I noticed in my Instagram comments about my rude replies. They seemed to accept them, but something was off. It was as if they were apologizing to me.

I make my way to the library, so surrounded by my thoughts that I barely notice that I bump into someone's smooth chest.

Much to my surprise, it's Jade.

"Oh" I say, rubbing my head, "Sorry."

She smiles at me. Oh how much I missed her priceless smiles. "It's okay." Is all she says, and walks past me.