One Night Stand With My Mate

Lewis's POV

I paced back and forth as my heart fluttered, the anticipation rolling off of me in waves. The sweet scent of my mate permeated the area as I waited, making my body heat and my face flush with desire. The clock on the wall seemed to tick slower and slower, emphasising each and every second that passed as I stood outside the office.

Finally, I could hear the rustle of footsteps as another person entered the waiting room. I turned, meeting the eyes of the future Beta, Scott. He stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go in. He's your mate, after all. Isn't he?"

I frowned at this. Of course he was my mate. But, why did the look on his face say otherwise? Why do I have the overwhelming feeling that something is going to go wrong?

Scott watched me silently, gauging my reactions. His eyes held an unfamiliar emotion. Sadness? Pity? I frowned once more. He was just messing with me. There was no need to feel unease.

Slowly, I reached out, placing my hand on the doorknob. I stood for a second, the metal seeming to burn into my skin before I finally turned the handle, revealing what was inside the room.

However, what I saw destroyed my world, and my heart. Leaning against the wall, currently in a liplock with one of the pack prostitutes, was Silas Lupine. Future Alpha of the pack, and my mate.

Suddenly, it sunk in; my lifelong partner, my soulmate, the one who was supposed to love me unconditionally, was currently having his way with someone else. A prostitute who smelled of many others, and would do anything for money.

They broke apart after a moment, their breathing heavy and their eyes glazed with desire. Silas glanced over, finally registering that I was in the room. Smirking, he pulled the prostitute closer, speaking with a lustful voice. "Come to watch us? Or, perhaps you'd like to join in?"

Tears welled in my eyes as he said those words, the sadness I felt crushing me where I stood. "... Why?" I whispered softly. Silas raised an eyebrow, his eyes glowing with anger. "Why? I am stuck with the weakest pack member, a male at that, as a mate. I am the future Alpha! I cannot afford to be the laughing stock of the pack! I have to put up with the embarassment of being linked with you, and you dare to ask why?" Silas scoffed, pushing away from his partner.

He towered over me, his cold eyes watching me. "I never wanted a weak mate like you," He said, his voice filled with hatred. "You will leave the pack after I reject you, that way I'll never have to see your face and be reminded of the embarrassment I had to go through." By then, tears poured down my face, my body trembling in fear.

We stood alone, the prostitute, sensing her unwanted presence, having left us without a word of complaint. Silas thought for a moment, before speaking. "Of course, I can offer you a parting gift. I will allow you one night in my bed, as a chance to see what the mate bond is like. No marking, no feelings. Just a one night stand with a complete stranger." I gaped at him, unsure of how to respond to his offer.

After a moment, I set my determination and leaned up, placing my lips over his in a heated embrace. Sparks flew across my vision until I pulled away. "I agree to your offer, Silas Lupine. So, please, take me."

---

My body was sore as I stood up from the bed, the burning pain in my heart reminding me of his words while he embraced me. 'I, Silas Lupine, future Alpha of the pack, reject you, Lewis Grant, as my mate.' I dressed quickly, standing back over the bed, gazing at his sleeping form. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I whispered, "I accept."